Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
https://www.boatsonline.com.au/boat...ts/bayliner-4550-pilothouse-fly-bridge/219866
For the price,it looks interesting, if something of a project. The 120K Au ask is negotiable, I`m guessing 100K would buy it.

That's cheap for here.

Wothy of a survey. You can always increase your bid but never lower it.
Yes you can.
I have bought houses subject to building inspection and then hammered them down on price when issues were found.
You do the same on boats.

Last edited:
Simi,you just need to get the contract right, but I`ve long regarded a boat sale contract as little more than an option to buy.
I put a term in my sale contract that the boat is at the buyers risk during survey. That might curb some excessive WOT conduct.

That Bayliner could be a good buyer but as usual, the devil is in the detail.

That's cheap for here.

Yes you can.
I have bought houses subject to building inspection and then hammered them down on price when issues were found.
You do the same on boats.

Yup, I stand corrected. I thought of that possibility after I hit return. SMIRK
Find an 'issue', "Oh that's gonna cost to repair. I will reduce my current offer."
IF they offer to fix it, DYS tell them "ummmmm, I'd rather it be done professionally." Aka, dont need a half-ass job.

To be quite honest, I'm not sure what I'm looking at. Is it a boat? I mean, I can see that it floats and has twin OBs, but does that make it a boat? :ermm:

Lol. Good question. First thing that popped into my mind was wtf is that.

Its seems weird to have an outboard powered hydro foil. With the wing so far forward I guess only the front lifts up......but then the glass bottom is useless.

Here's a picture of the glass bottom boat underway...

Attachments

• slider2.jpg
    slider2.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 131
Does it turn a tourist dollar? If yes, it`s a boat for sure.

The glass area probably give it a crap hull shape - the hydrofoils at the front lift that out of the water and allow it to get to the coral (or whatever ) quickly thus allowing more trips in a day and more $$$$$s for the operator PLUS if could give it a point of difference over conventional boats - more appeal to sightseers and you guessed it - more $$$$s

Here's a picture of the glass bottom boat underway...

Looks like OK ride on 6" waves. Now imagine that craft in seas of 2'... How bout 4'... then 8' seas!!! Not my cup O' tea! :eek: :facepalm: :lol:

Quite large in real life. More glass than expected as well. Pretty stricking.

Attachments

• WP_20180708_13_50_08_Pro.jpg
    WP_20180708_13_50_08_Pro.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 138
  • WP_20180708_13_50_26_Pro.jpg
    WP_20180708_13_50_26_Pro.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 134
  • WP_20180708_13_50_32_Pro.jpg
    WP_20180708_13_50_32_Pro.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 133
  • WP_20180708_14_00_57_Pro.jpg
    WP_20180708_14_00_57_Pro.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 136
Well, it’s 97’ so yeah. Large. [emoji23]

Bad ass boat!

I get the whole rationale, engineering and all. The objective side of me appreciates it. But deep down, I can’t love it. I just can’t. I feel terrible now.

I get the whole rationale, engineering and all. The objective side of me appreciates it. But deep down, I can’t love it. I just can’t. I feel terrible now.

Don't feel bad... I don't!

For 97' - I can dream a better boat than that - IMO!! :D

Don't know if this one has been posted here.
The video unfortunately only with music. No information. And I have so far not found anything in English about it.

Edit: Well, anyway. Jorma Ponkala is the person behind it. He and his wife built it. It's of course filled with different ideas, concepts being tested and so on. Not a fast boat, but he's in no hurry.
He also made a smaller version earlier. That one is called Aton.

Last edited:
Based on the shape of the boat, I see this more of a test platform.

Interesting Boats

I like the Benford. The exterior asthetics remind me of Great Harbor, but the interior is unique. The simplicity, versatility, and price point are appealing.

I love that Benford. As long as I'm dreaming, how much is it going to cost to have it shipped from the UK to New Orleans? And, I assume, there are import duties and fees to bring it to the US.

I love that Benford. As long as I'm dreaming, how much is it going to cost to have it shipped from the UK to New Orleans? And, I assume, there are import duties and fees to bring it to the US.

sbu,
My kind of boat as well...
Based on my experience out of Northern Europe I am going to estimate your cost to the Gulf to be around 35K to move this boat over. I was around 70K going thru the canal and up the West Coast to BC. I used Raven Offshore and I expect for them you might have to get the boat moved across the channel to Belgium.
The duties were surprisingly moderate in my case two years ago at around 1%. That may have changed...
I think Raven sails at least once a month out of Antwerp, Belgium and your boat would go on the deck or in the hold of a freighter.

Buy the boat, tour Europe then when you import the boat, it will be a used boat.
That's how it used to be with cars bought over seas.

Back
Top Bottom