Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay, I will say it. $1.9 for a project boat? Hello???

Lol I've seen worse. The owner of the dealer I used to work for bought a unfinished 155ft 11million dollar project boat. They opened up a bottomless wo and spent another 10+mill finishing it. Then spread the debt around the company to every Dept and closed the wo. It killed every departments numbers for a good while. I don't think any managers got there bonuses ether due to the numbers being tanked.

Lol I've seen worse. The owner of the dealer I used to work for bought a unfinished 155ft 11million dollar project boat. They opened up a bottomless wo and spent another 10+mill finishing it. Then spread the debt around the company to every Dept and closed the wo. It killed every departments numbers for a good while. I don't think any managers got there bonuses ether due to the numbers being tanked.
That's just sh!tty thing to do to a company.

That's just sh!tty thing to do to a company.

Yeah I thought so too. But it's his company and boat to do with as he pleases. It's sad but i wasn't surprised. That's why I didn't think twice about leaving for another company when I had the opportunity.

Yeah I thought so too. But it's his company and boat to do with as he pleases. It's sad but i wasn't surprised. That's why I didn't think twice about leaving for another company when I had the opportunity.
:thumb:

Now that the company is "gone" how's he going to "support" that boat?

The boat that was extended was probably a nice boat and all.....but whatever was above the bridge looked like some sort of home made, cubist tumor on an otherwise shapely boat. It was hideous !!!

Sam Devlin builds beautiful boats.

Attachments

• Devlin 1.jpg
    Devlin 1.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 104
  • Devlin 2.jpg
    Devlin 2.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 99
Delfin,
Looks much like a Willard but is a SD or posibly even a planing hull. Most of the Devlin boats are. I’d miss the visor in front of the windshield. Wonder if the layout is the same as my Nomad.

This is my first post so thought I'd make it interesting (not sure my Tolly 34 qualifies though it is nice). This boat has been moored on the Multnomah Channel off the Columbia River for the last year or so. Looks like it's had a hard life. Not captured is the fact it seems to have a very narrow beam so I'm wondering if it used to be a patrol boat.

4878-albums715-picture4329.jpg

This is my first post so thought I'd make it interesting (not sure my Tolly 34 qualifies though it is nice). This boat has been moored on the Multnomah Channel off the Columbia River for the last year or so. Looks like it's had a hard life. Not captured is the fact it seems to have a very narrow beam so I'm wondering if it used to be a patrol boat.

Army T-Boat, maybe?

Hi Steve - 34' Tolly is good boat! Welcome aboard TF! - Art :D

Truer words never spoken?

Attachments

• dollarboat.jpg
    dollarboat.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 82
Hills,
How do you know it’s false?
Looks ligit to me.

Hills,
How do you know it’s false?
Looks ligit to me.

It looks like a diesel exhaust coming out of the middle of the stack. Besides, if it isn't exhausting steam and gasses from the boilers it's not a smokestack and thus false. Nothing wrong with that and I'm sure it allows for storage and access to the dry exhaust. Unless it's steam powered and I am misviewing the pic on my phone.....

You’d get the same number, wouldn’t you?

While constrained on planet Earth - I succumb [pay homage] to six [6] gods [listed here in order of importance]:

god 1. Air
god 2. Water
god 3. Food
god 4. Warmth
god 5. Shelter

And for god # 6. Linda, my truly incredible wife!

Once I exit from life on Earth I plan to [i.e. hope to] encounter only one God! From whence my soul-energy will travel should be my next grand adventure. And, NO... I do not put faith in or take stock in what humans think is God; nor do I believe anyone knows what will be the next step.

:popcorn:

Maybe, but I'm not so sure the T-boats had that false stack behind the wheelhouse, it seems too cosmetic for the Army to pay for!

Upon further review, maybe not. The sheer line looks wrong forward.

While constrained on planet Earth - I succumb [pay homage] to six [6] gods [listed here in order of importance]:

god 1. Air
god 2. Water
god 3. Food
god 4. Warmth
god 5. Shelter

And for god # 6. Linda, my truly incredible wife!

Once I exit from life on Earth I plan to [i.e. hope to] encounter only one God! From whence my soul-energy will travel should be my next grand adventure. And, NO... I do not put faith in or take stock in what humans think is God; nor do I believe anyone knows what will be the next step.

:popcorn:
Common you forgot the 7th one, wine!

L

Common you forgot the 7th one, wine!

L

Via my own volition, during 43rd yr. of life. Wine, other such embellishments and I permanently parted company 11/24/1995. Never to meet again! :thumb: :D

Via my own volition, during 43rd yr. of life. Wine, other such embellishments and I permanently parted company 11/24/1995. Never to meet again! :thumb: :D

It was about my 43 year of life I started drinking wine

My imagination has so many ideas running through it for that boat. Unfortunately, my pocketbook says nope. Not even if it were offered for free. The fuel bill on that old girl is probably outrageous. It is a pretty nice hull though. I bet she slips through the water without much disturbance.

Good for you.

May 16th 2006 for me. The devil's nectar no longer controls my life. Lucky for me, I've been able to keep it together and not fall off the wagon.

Good for you.

May 16th 2006 for me. The devil's nectar no longer controls my life. Lucky for me, I've been able to keep it together and not fall off the wagon.

Congrats!! One day at a time!

Sit on hands if needed - and - don't accept straws from others! - LOL

Back
Top Bottom