Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yup, looks like a harmless buoy tender. Where do you hide the machine guns and cannons and assault forces?
In fact more I look at it more I find a little resemblance to my own boat hull lines :)

L

IMG_3114.jpeg

If they are working well I will copy them to my boat hull :)

L

I would like to believe they are scientifically designed and placed on the hull. That might take you a bit of time.
Or you could just glue on some strips of wood and take your chances. WINK

I wonder how much of that I own. Probably not enough to get a free ride. [emoji38]
I guess you own enough to be heard and rescued if you hail a mayday while in Canadian waters ;)

L

Re the CG boat post 5 this page ...
Interesting that the aft end is concave. Most boats are convex. Her cheeks are almost pointed they are so sharp and well defined. It looks like this boat is destined for slow speeds 98% of the time. I really don’t know what to think. Hmmmm

Last edited:
Yup, looks like a harmless ice breaking / buoy tender. Where do you hide the machine guns and cannons and assault forces?

Ice Breakers and Buoy tenders in the CCG are not armed. Interestingly our Fisheries Patrol Vessels carry twin .50 cal and have used them to stop and arrest Spanish vessels suspected of illegal fishing.
They also have 23 extra bunks to accommodate a half platoon.

Last edited:
Here is our latest GC addition:
images

I'm not so sure how she'd do in the ice, to be honest. Most big ice breakers have blunt, upturned bows to get up on top of the ice, and use their weight to break it. This bow looks a bit too fine for that. A fine looking vessel, though.

i like the lines but that paneling needs to go back to the single wide it was taken from.
1988 Trawler Custom 62 Power Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

I really like this one a lot. Kinda surprised to see a former CG boat made of fiberglass. I agree with your assessment of the uh... joinery. I think I'd consider painting quite a bit of the interior white.

This looks like someone parked a KK Manatee on top of a pretty old Forestry service vessel.

Ice Breakers and Buoy tenders in the CCG are not armed. Interestingly our Fisheries Patrol Vessels carry twin .50 cal and have used them to stop and arrest Spanish vessels suspected of illegal fishing.
They also have 23 extra bunks to accommodate a half platoon.

Give the yard a month and even ice breaker and buoy tenders will be armed.

Interesting in that it had me chortling, gagging, snickering, and shaking my head the whole video. Pretty exceptional in it's complete lack of balance in design elements, like someone cut & pasted a bunch of magazine article photos together.

Then again, someone loved it enough to make it...

Interesting in that it had me chortling, gagging, snickering, and shaking my head the whole video. Pretty exceptional in it's complete lack of balance in design elements, like someone cut & pasted a bunch of magazine article photos together.

Then again, someone loved it enough to make it...

The thing I noticed is the smoking exhaust!

L

Hi

I am the new owner of VIVANTE which is an Island Gypsy 36 Classic of Dec 1998 (not 1988). The Hull # is 36-144. I have 2 cummins BT6 of 210 HP each. I am based in Kettering in Tasmania

Island Gypsy 36 Classic Dec 1998

2 Cummins BT 6 of 210 HP

Attachments

• 8_4.jpg
    8_4.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 85
  • 11_4.jpg
    11_4.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 77
  • 4_4.jpg
    4_4.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 89