Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This one has probably been posted already, but the recent comment about a half-million-dollar...made me recall her again. We had the good fortune of getting aboard at a boat show - I thing it was early 2014. She is amazing, in her own way.

2013 Custom Jenkins Marine Trawler Power Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

Sigh...

This boat was obviously such a labour of love that the owners are probably basing its price on emotions rather than the realities of the current used boat market.

Our boat was priced similarly (emotionally, not over $500,000.00!!!) by the PO's and remained unsold for about 4 years. We met with them, and got along really well. They saw in us a local family with knowledge of the area who wanted to keep the boat in its home waters and use it to explore the region much as they had. Knowing their boat would continue its life much as they had used it took some of the sting away from selling, and they reduced the price.

This boat may follow a similar path.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Robert Beebe design #112
Passagemaker 49-10 in steel
currently for sale

View attachment 75519

Not currently listed but we're getting older and are considering selling MOJO and maybe downsizing (trades??). Currently lying Virginia off the Potomac River but we cruise her to New England in the summers - she's ready to cruise! Some particulars:
- Single Cummins 6BTA 250hp diesel, ZF BW61 4.67:1 tranny
- 40x34 4-blade wheel on 3" ss shaft
- 2.7gph at 7.5kts
- Dry stack exhaust
- 9Kw Kohler genset
- 3 marine a/c units, total of 54,000 BTU's
- 2 staterooms, 3 heads, potential for 3rd stateroom
- 1,000 watts solar panels
- 1,050 house bank (10 golf cart batteries)
- Water maker 30+ gph
- Paravane flopper stoppers
- 110lb Bruce anchor, 3/4hp windlass
- Cruising range ~4,000nm

Serious potential buyers please send PM. Asking price will be around $200K.

Image009.JPG
20140929_150831.jpg
P1000365.JPG
P1000367.JPG

Not currently listed but we're getting older and are considering selling MOJO and maybe downsizing (trades??). Currently lying Virginia off the Potomac River but we cruise her to New England in the summers - she's ready to cruise! Some particulars:
- 2.7gph at 7.5kts
- Dry stack exhaust
- 9Kw Kohler genset
- Water maker 30+ gph

Such a cool looking boat!!!!

- 2.7gph at 7.5kts
- Dry stack exhaust
- 9Kw Kohler genset
- Water maker 30+ gph

Such a cool looking boat!!!!

Get rid of the flopper stoppers and put in hydraulic stabilizers then the boat would be perfect.

- 2.7gph at 7.5kts
- Dry stack exhaust
- 9Kw Kohler genset
- Water maker 30+ gph

View attachment 75523
View attachment 75524
View attachment 75525
View attachment 75526
Great boat . I wish I was in position to do something. Good luck with the sale. MOJO was actually going to be our next if ever boat name .

Last edited:
MOJO is a very interesting boat - I love the lines. I am not a buyer today, but would enjoy reading more about her if you could point me in the right direction, please.

I want to jump on the flopper stoppers wagon. They are cheaper overall and less chance of hitting one on and underwater object and ripping a hole in the boat. However, they do require more labor to operate and need more tending to compared to hydro stabilizers. They are kind of a set and forget feature. Before anyone says anything about the stab fins being able to break away upon impact, it hasn't been to many years ago since we discussed this topic, after a boat sank because a hydro stab fin didn't break away as intended.

I want to jump on the flopper stoppers wagon. They are cheaper overall and less chance of hitting one on and underwater object and ripping a hole in the boat. However, they do require more labor to operate and need more tending to compared to hydro stabilizers.

Hydro stabilizers require a lot more labour to buy and install.

Flopper stopper/paravanes will be a relatively cheap and easy install on ours, active fins, even fold down batwings would require MAJOR engineering and surgery.

Hydro stabilizers require a lot more labour to buy and install.

Flopper stopper/paravanes will be a relatively cheap and easy install on ours, active fins, even fold down batwings would require MAJOR engineering and surgery.
Oh yeah. I was refering to boats with installed units. I didn't make that clear. Oops :blush:

I guess I did not explain my reason for removing the flopper stoppers and go to hydraulic stabilizers.
It requires almost no labor to deploy, except for turning on and off.
They may be able to cruise longer.
I would have installed hydraulic stabilizers earlier in the life of the boat.

What is the draft and what is the air draft? Will it do the loop (19' air draft)?

What is the draft and what is the air draft? Will it do the loop (19' air draft)?

19 foot above the water, it can do it but certain places will be off-limits. Last year I was told that the deepest hull draft should be 4 feet as there was a lot of shoaling in the channels along the coast. Mostly below the Chesapeake.

They say boat owners are dreamers... but so are boat sellers.

A 50 year old wood boat for half a million bucks? I’m curious what it eventually sells for. Does anyone have crystal ball who can look 3-5 years into the future?
It`s a 65ft Halvorsen,and old Halvorsens are like vintage cars here,they have a special value. The previous owners are well known and had a $$$(before buying it at least:)).I`d never shell out for it,the maintenance would be horrendous, but others with deeper pockets and a love for it have, and someone else will. Though as you say,the sale price,if it gets out, would be interesting.

Reactions: Art
My crystal ball shows, 3-5 years I will be dead.
Good luck reselling my boat, as if I care. CHUCKLE

Trying to load direct

Attachments

• A4FE2002-C251-406F-BB35-F409444C6FB1.jpeg
    A4FE2002-C251-406F-BB35-F409444C6FB1.jpeg
    83.8 KB · Views: 105
Trying to load direct

They use or used to use small tugs, similar to this tug, in log or mill ponds, moving logs to the feed chain, to the saws. The tugs were way over powered and effective.

Last edited:
Here is our latest GC addition:
images

I like the hull shape.

L

Yup, looks like a harmless ice breaking / buoy tender. Where do you hide the machine guns and cannons and assault forces?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom