Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know it’s not a trawler and probably not that interesting but the fact that it’s a nice 40 ft home built steel hull with a single 120 hp leman and rudder makes it interesting to me. It's in the slip next to me. This a great river boat with the river miles to prove it. Two brothers in Memphis built this one and another one that’s 50 ft. It has a single 671 Detroit and also has a rudder. It’s also on our dock not far from me.
I might be slipping y’all.

I like it. Perfect for the river, ICW. Huge living space. You could put a nice deck up top for sunset cocktails.

I like it. Perfect for the river, ICW. Huge living space. You could put a nice deck up top for sunset cocktails.
Yes it has that funky shantyboat look . Check out the extra steering station and Healhusler would approve of those forward windows .

Attachments

• C30FDB62-2D77-4494-86F8-5EF3EDAA8318.jpg
    C30FDB62-2D77-4494-86F8-5EF3EDAA8318.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
There’s nothing very unique about the Panga. It’s just a typical OB skiff w a very high aspect ratio. A normal boat that’s very long and narrow.

Should be food for thought fo people thinking of lengthening their boat. It works so well re the Panga’s how could one go wrong?

Trawlers are mostly short and fat. Not much like a Panga. But the success of the Panga also has to do w their lightweight and shallow draft.

Yes it has that funky shantyboat look . Check out the extra steering station and Healhusler would approve of those forward windows .

It looks super clean from the pics. What’s the interior set up like? How’s the engine room space?

It looks super clean from the pics. What’s the interior set up like? How’s the engine room space?
The boat is very clean . The owner/ builder is in his 80’s . The galley salon and steering are forward. There is a door behind galley for engine access and there are two large hatches , one under forward deck and one under aft deck. It’s fairly shallow draft and engine is basically midship and is not buried under the floor . The full size head and state room are aft . Interior space is perfect for two but can accommodate four . The decor is dated “Early American “ and needs to be updated but that would be fun . Simple systems . He has all the building data and tons of construction pictures.

Last edited:
Don't know what boat this is, but it was a standout amongst the sailboats in La Cruz de Huanacaxtle, Mexico:

Attachments

• Tetu, La Cruz, Mexico.jpg
    Tetu, La Cruz, Mexico.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 132
Art, Murray,
Indeed. I assume it’s FG w grooves to make it look like wood planks. My Willard has that and it fools an amazing number of people both boaters and not.
Very serious high performance Danforth anchor.

In the spirit of drawing attention to vessels that take a VERY different approach to the pretty narrow range of interior arrangements that boats in the 50' range have evolved towards, take a look at this:

https://www.passagemaker.com/cruiser-reviews/okean-50-boat-review

That is one interesting vessel! Although my tastes run to the traditional teak and brass salty trawler, this is a fascinating boat that could really enhance the cruising experience.

As long as you're an exhibitionist of course.

Interesting

And only $290,000 plus tips+. Sleep 12....... I dont know 12 people who would be willing to spend that kind of money.

I wonder if that includes food and booze and fuel.

If I rented that, I suspect I could find an attractive woman who would pretend to like me until the cruise was finished and 10 folks who would be my friends "until the cruise was finished" too.

That is one interesting vessel! Although my tastes run to the traditional teak and brass salty trawler, this is a fascinating boat that could really enhance the cruising experience.

As long as you're an exhibitionist of course.
It is so cool they were afraid to take it out in the ocean off Ft Lauderdale and compared hitting wakes to its seagoing capability! lol

Greetings,
Mr. OD. "...an attractive woman who would pretend to like me until the cruise was finished and 10 folks who would be my friends..." Not questioning your thoughts here but for ~$300K those 10 "folks" might as well be attractive women too...Just sayin'

200w.gif

In case you're counting, there are two off camera...

Greetings,
Mr. OD. "...an attractive woman who would pretend to like me until the cruise was finished and 10 folks who would be my friends..." Not questioning your thoughts here but for ~$300K those 10 "folks" might as well be attractive women too...Just sayin'

200w.gif

In case you're counting, there are two off camera...

Exactly what are you doing with those two gals - RT?? :dance:

Greetings,
Mr. MM. Do NOT show that Enigma vessel to Mr. L_t. (It lists a wine cellar in it's description...).

200w.gif
LOL! Mr RTF you know me so well, this makes me nervous lol

(I wish I had a true wine cellar aboard :) )

L.

Lou: If you’re looking for a wine cellar no one will know about, check out the Boson’s locker on a Great Harbour N-37 or 47. The first time I was down in it, I couldn’t even tell where I was on the boat. If they hadn’t shown it to me, I would have been sure there was no more to see.

This must be aimed at the rich and the famous market. What I found interesting is it is built out of carbon fiber. The broker seems to be stumped as no description is provided.

2008 Goetz Tender Power Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

That "vessel" was docked down at the end of Ramp 1 on Palm Beach boat show and you're right. You don't know if you're looking at a floating shuttle craft from some future waterworld movie or something like it. There was another one similar to it in the middle of the show and everyone just stares at them wondering what you would do with it, and why it would cost that much. There was someone aboard both of them but probably staff...

Looks like a canal boat with lots of curved windows.

This must be aimed at the rich and the famous market. What I found interesting is it is built out of carbon fiber. The broker seems to be stumped as no description is provided.

2008 Goetz Tender Power Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

Not my cup o' tea for any situation.

Not my cup o' tea for any situation.

Agree. The question I have is whether boat builders will embrace carbon fiber in trawlers and other yachts and more importantly if boaters can afford to buy carbon fiber yachts.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom