Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Too many doublers, no engine room pics but pretty, for sure.

One caution; I look better in pictures than I do in real life.

:thumb:

hi,

I became curious about your comment, I also looked at Bertram 46 "Bahama" boat and Wow! I would not have thought about how smart lay out and this individual was in fine shape.

NBs

:smitten:bjutiful old trawler

NBs

More information and pictures
https://www.theyachtmarket.com/boats_for_sale/1373746/?searchid=14815581&page=25

75053170gallery_wm.jpg

What style! Lovely interior and a great medium speed engine (900 rpm max), great fuel economy, probably 3gph at 8 knots.
But the bottom plate is suspect, probably thin. I see quite a few doublers as well as some washboarding aft. The plate wasn’t too thick to start with at 6 and 8mm on the bottom when built nearly 50 years ago.
And I don’t like the twin bunk master cabin.
That makes it overpriced, I’m afraid.

IMG_2599.jpg

This sure is a pretty boat. Would make a good liveaboard and should be good offshore I suppose. I wish I could talk my wife into selling the house and moving aboard this boat, but she’s not ready for that commitment yet.

For a boat this size, age and complexity I would have to live aboard to keep everything running and ship shape I think. I can’t seem to keep up with things on my current fairly simple boat. [emoji51]

Those big DD engines look scary to me, but maybe just because I’m unfamiliar. Are they hard to work on? Super thirsty? If money was no object it would be nice to swap in a couple of Deere engines, like OC Diver did on his awesome refit.

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/list...chtype=searchbar&Ntk=boatsEN&Ntt=66+cheoy+lee

Last edited:
View attachment 73440

This sure is a pretty boat. Would make a good liveaboard and should be good offshore I suppose. I wish I could talk my wife into selling the house and moving aboard this boat, but she’s not ready for that commitment yet.

For a boat this size, age and complexity I would have to live aboard to keep everything running and ship shape I think. I can’t seem to keep up with things on my current fairly simple boat. [emoji51]

Those big DD engines look scary to me, but maybe just because I’m unfamiliar. Are they hard to work on? Super thirsty? If money was no object it would be nice to swap in a couple of Deere engines, like OC Diver did on his awesome refit.

66 cheoy lee Boats For Sale

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

The DD’s will probably give a mpg at hull speed and last for 6000+ hrs if maintained. 325hp for those blocks is very low.

If you repower and remove 1000’s of pounds of motor, you will have to ballast to replace it or, at minimum have an NA calculate the Righting Moment to seeif it is OK

View attachment 73440

66 cheoy lee Boats For Sale

Hi, very nice "ship" looking boat, The yellow color Hull is surprisingly stylish on this boat from me. Huge space and certainly good seakeaping. Unfortunately, too much work to keep fresh, I understand your wife :hide::rofl:

i rememeber UK is very nice prise Cheoy lee 47' 1987 for sale about 126000$ Cheoy Lee Trawler 47, Motor Boat | Liverpool Boat Sales

And more info and pictures PDF link http://www.liverpoolboatsales.co.uk/pdfs/11000490/11000490.pdf

timthumb.php

Rare model, only three built this series and this is Hull 3. The boat was originally sold for the American Market before being shipped to the Mediterrean where she was berthed for a number of years.

NBs

Last edited:
Greetings,
Mr. c. Yup. Nice boat. "Creative" description in the write up: "[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif] Stainless reinforcements were added to the salon ceiling to eliminate the sagging boat deck". They eliminated but didn't actually fix the sagging deck, they propped it up. Stainless tubing DOES look better than a 2"x4". Not terribly fussy on the floor covering either. I know, I know...everybody's a critic.

[/FONT]

Greetings,
Mr. c. Yup. Nice boat. "Creative" description in the write up: "[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif] Stainless reinforcements were added to the salon ceiling to eliminate the sagging boat deck". They eliminated but didn't actually fix the sagging deck, they propped it up. Stainless tubing DOES look better than a 2"x4". Not terribly fussy on the floor covering either. I know, I know...everybody's a critic.

[/FONT]

I agree with RTF. Also note the water damage below the portholes, 14 yrs since the engine rebuild at 18 yrs old, 1/2 of a swim grid, generally dated interior finishes. Still, a nice looking boat.

....since we're nitpicking.... The description says "rigorous modernization"....but doesn't say when. There's no electronics on the bridge and those on the lower helm look pretty dated. Still a very nice boat and what looks like a very reasonable price.

What style! Lovely interior and a great medium speed engine (900 rpm max), great fuel economy, probably 3gph at 8 knots.
But the bottom plate is suspect, probably thin. I see quite a few doublers as well as some washboarding aft. The plate wasn’t too thick to start with at 6 and 8mm on the bottom when built nearly 50 years ago.
And I don’t like the twin bunk master cabin.
That makes it overpriced, I’m afraid.

It doesn't make sense to me. Everything else about that boat screams checkbook open. Except maybe having a Gardner and not a single picture of it. Maybe its a mechanical nightmare.

I can tell you this, just looking at the thing makes me want to do stupid things like sell the house.

I sent a msg to my wife with the link and asked whether we could sell the house. She immediately replied "sure". Then a moment later "Can the dogs go to Scotland?"

That right there illustrates why my wife is obviously smarter than I am. I didn't immediately dream as big as she did.

Dogs make it difficult! How do you get a German Shepherd on board from the tender, up to the saloon or, the ultimate: up to the flybridge?
I think only a few sundeck cockpit motor yachts and the bigger DeFevers pass on all three.

Impressive. I`ve owned Shepherds, great dogs,and one that I think was a Shepherd/Kelpie.
Check out the wall climbing kelpies in this:

Last edited:
That boat could get several more feet of WLL terminating the stern like this one. Notice how the stern stem has a reverse curve. Gives a long WL.

Attachments

• all to 12-15-09 535 copy.jpg
    all to 12-15-09 535 copy.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 120
  • all to 12-15-09 533 copy.jpg
    all to 12-15-09 533 copy.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 143
That boat could get several more feet of WLL terminating the stern like this one. Notice how the stern stem has a reverse curve. Gives a long WL.

I would argue that the one you just posted could benefit by keeping its WLL and extending that ugly stern into a more beautiful fantail like style. The way it is has got too much sailboaty look to it. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad Willy

I would argue that the one you just posted could benefit by keeping its WLL and extending that ugly stern into a more beautiful fantail like style. The way it is has got too much sailboaty look to it. :)

I like the reverse curve. Thought fan tail was what made boats look... ahh... "sailboaty" lol!! :popcorn:

It doesn't make sense to me. Everything else about that boat screams checkbook open. Except maybe having a Gardner and not a single picture of it. Maybe its a mechanical nightmare.

I can tell you this, just looking at the thing makes me want to do stupid things like sell the house.

Hi,

I think the old house is also possible with nasty risks, the list is long so not so simple ...:ermm:

NBs

Back
Top Bottom