Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For that much money you can get a much nicer 53. And when side by side the 53 makes the 47 look like a toy.
Have not priced a permit in a while but last time I looked they ran around 30k.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I was hesitant to post a picture of this boat as it is neither a trawler nor a boat type normally discussed on this forum. I did see it, however, two summers ago on the Mandovi River, in Goa, along the west coast of India. From the front, at the river's edge, it looks like a monster catfish ready to eat anything it finds on the river!

Attachments

• goa boat.jpg
    goa boat.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 111
When did they rip the wings off the space shuttle, butcher in all those windows, then set it afloat?

you just jinxed it

dont you mean lets start over now and go for another 5 ?

Boat

Attachments

• 287F7A13-3CE5-4F8C-B087-0A498CA85DE2.jpg
    287F7A13-3CE5-4F8C-B087-0A498CA85DE2.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 115
  • 2413024E-F15D-4438-AF3D-0461FC66F373.jpeg
    2413024E-F15D-4438-AF3D-0461FC66F373.jpeg
    91.1 KB · Views: 99

Quite the beauty boat. Could call that the grand dad to Monk's design on our Tollycraft. The old woody much more artistic looking for sure. :thumb: Ours less maintenance = more time for fun. :D

Beautiful boat, but what jumped out at me was the rudder mounted thruster...ain’t never seen that before,

58' Bill Garden Pilothouse - Inside Passage Yacht SalesInside Passage Yacht Sales[single_port]/10/

Wow, Murray... I was just bout ta hit da sack when saw your post re rudder mounted thruster!

Went in the link to see for myself. Still thinking several things about that unusual item.

Would like to captain the boat for a while at slow speeds [maybe in close quarters] to see how she handles. Seems it might get unruly when using it for direction-push with prop wash. Also, electric line comes through a hollow rudder post?? - It must. Wonder how much drag/interference it creates at cruise speed. Seems it would just add to direction of prop wash in accordance with direction rudder is turned. Guess you could put prop in reverse and use the rudder and thrust prop to assist for rear of boat quicker turns. Also, with main prop in neutral; using the thruster with rudder turned... ??? :confused:

This one's gonna drive me bonkers!! :dance:

Anyway; really nice looking Gardner boat design! Thanks for posting. :thumb:

Post 5029
I would guess hydraulic powered

Hydraulic... You're probably correct. Thinking back on the photo I was wondering if the relatively demure bulge in rudder was for just a geared shaft?? Guess that with shaft driven-gear, in electric or hydraulic power mode, would add even more opportunity for confusing the "how to's" on using the thruster in a big rudder... with easy capability of having the thrust prop reverse direction. I'd be very confused, at least at first, using that thruster.

Certainly an interesting boat. Thanks for posting.

I wonder if the 2010 year is a typo or deliberate attempt to mislead (the price higher)?

...and 70 hours on engine?

I am jealous of the work bench and a place for the vice.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom