Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You previously contacted the broker,why not ask him to have the owner explain the reasoning for the mast, in that position. It seems odd, doesn`t get that much better from the FB, discovering why it is where it is, if the owner knows, could be illuminating.

Was an afterthought, and was looking for a more objective answer and opinion from some experienced boaters..

Attachments

• webber.jpg
    webber.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 75
If this didn't have a 5'6" draft, it would be perfect. 2001 hull completed in 2013 with a 2008 Lugger engine. I am stricken.

2013 Webbers Cove Power Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

I would double check on the draft as I think it's a misprint. As a downeaster design, no way can it draw 5.5'. My 45' boat with the same beam and more displacement only draws 4.5'. Boat is probably out of the water for the winter, easy enough to put a tape measure to it.

Ted

Being new to this I have a couple of questions on this steel boat, I know it’s been around for awhile and I even emailed the broker...It’s really a nice looking boat and has a lot going for it IMO..I would seriously consider it for myself, the thing that confuses me is the view from the pilot house. Of coarse I noticed the giant boom dead center of the pilot house..The wheel and controls are also dead center...Visiblity could have been improved simply by posistioning the wheel far right or left..So question one is ..was this incompetent design, or is sight line not that important in these types of boats..The pilot house sits so far back I looks like it would be difficult to see that far out anyway.
Secondly, could that boom be relocated or removed opening up the view out that center window..Thanks.

Who handsteers once they have left the harbor anyway? With a long cord on the autopilot remote you can sit anywhere you like and look out any window. As far as having a big mast and boom right in front of the helm, that describes nearly any sailboat ever built and they seem to find a way to make it work.

https://www.boatsonline.com.au/boats-for-sale/used/power-boats/pilothouse-motor-cruiser/196797
New broker,new pics. The white fridge in the timber galley stands out like dog`s balls, but it`s an impressive boat,unless of course you prefer steel.

Sorry, doesn't work for me. The square boxy shape in front of the pilothouse looks all wrong. Flybridge lines don't blend with the pilothouse, looks like a last minute ad on. And that square ish mast looks silly on that boat. But other than that...

Ted

Sorry, doesn't work for me. The square boxy shape in front of the pilothouse looks all wrong. Flybridge lines don't blend with the pilothouse, looks like a last minute ad on. And that square ish mast looks silly on that boat. But other than that...

Ted

I’ll go that and raise you one.
Looks like it could be homebuilt. No grace at all. Chunky lines. Built by a house framer? Visually no gem at all.
Probably a nice boat though.

Another interesting boat.
Fortunately it is at the bottom of the ocean right now, put of out it’s misery.

Attachments

• 48FA109F-3471-4415-94F4-7B283D5B4510.jpeg
    48FA109F-3471-4415-94F4-7B283D5B4510.jpeg
    160.1 KB · Views: 154
Looks like it could be homebuilt. No grace at all. Chunky lines. Built by a house framer? Visually no gem at all.
It`s a Seahorse Eric. Big brother to Mark`s boat, probably same factory. Maybe the steel ones avoid input from the amateur house framer.:)

where it belongs

Yup, picture is from June 2008.
Champagne corks popping on my canal as the thing was leaving for good.
3 weeks later it was a reef in the Bahamas.
Homebuilt ferro cement boat, 60’ overall.

It`s a Seahorse Eric. Big brother to Mark`s boat, probably same factory. Maybe the steel ones avoid input from the amateur house framer.:)

I sure like the insides of it. The visibility is great.
And flowing lines frequently aren’t an elment of steel boats. Some overcome that limitation of the material. But even many modern destroyers don’t have a fair sheer. And their sides aft of the significant break in sheer are perfectly straight.

But I was very surprised to know she is a Seahorse.

50 ft Seaton RPH . They just lowered the price on this one. I like it.

Attachments

• 4192196B-4273-4193-B921-E19F96A1DC54.jpg
    4192196B-4273-4193-B921-E19F96A1DC54.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 120
In a thread named "Interesting boats" I'll take this opportunity to post one that interests me a lot.

The Swedish double ender Tunakryssare is a 33' clinker-built steel boat.
About 115 boats got built from the end of the 60's to the end of the 70's
It's basically a most traditional double ended Scandinavian boat - apart from it being made out of steel. By cutting the steel into long narrow boards ("planks") they didn't need to double bend it into "complicated" shapes in order to get the smooth hull shape they wanted - and it was also a cheaper method.
So it was constructed more or less exactly like if it would have been made of wood. Clinker-building is the traditional method around here.

Several Tunakryssare are equipped with sails.

There is a website made by the enthusiasts. It's perhaps not the flashiest site on www, but you'll probably find an image or two if you're interested. The site is of course in Swedish but the (sometimes small) images are also in English.
index
Check "register". For example the boats Tunastar and Stora Tuna has got some bigger images (if you open them).

Or image search Tunakryssare for additional images.

50 ft Seaton RPH . They just lowered the price on this one. I like it.

I've had my eye on that one: if it's still on the market in a month or so, we will take a look at it. As soon as we know what our taxes are this year we will take the RV east, stopping on the Gulf coast first, boat shopping. We are still unsure if a CPMY or a displacement boat is best for our needs and it will probably come down to the condition of the individual boat.

Webbers cove was the first fiberglass boatbuilder in Maine. They made many boats for the Navy. Personnel boats,UTB's and others. Very well built boats. This one was probably finished elsewhere. Many a lobster boat built by WC. They are no longer in business.

In a thread named "Interesting boats" I'll take this opportunity to post one that interests me a lot.

The Swedish double ender Tunakryssare is a 33' clinker-built steel boat.
About 115 boats got built from the end of the 60's to the end of the 70's
It's basically a most traditional double ended Scandinavian boat - apart from it being made out of steel. By cutting the steel into long narrow boards ("planks") they didn't need to double bend it into "complicated" shapes in order to get the smooth hull shape they wanted - and it was also a cheaper method.
So it was constructed more or less exactly like if it would have been made of wood. Clinker-building is the traditional method around here.

Several Tunakryssare are equipped with sails.

There is a website made by the enthusiasts. It's perhaps not the flashiest site on www, but you'll probably find an image or two if you're interested. The site is of course in Swedish but the (sometimes small) images are also in English.
index
Check "register". For example the boats Tunastar and Stora Tuna has got some bigger images (if you open them).

Or image search Tunakryssare for additional images.

I looked and like what I saw .. very interesting.
Clinker built. Must be fastened w rivets or similar. If it was welded it would not be a clinker IMO ... what think?
The boat looks great. I’m not keen on sailboats at all but this hull would make an excellent trawler .. and of course an even better motor sailer. I see it better with a small rig and more of a bridge for a wheelhouse.

Really nice to see boats like this in Finland. One of the reasons I’m on Trawler Forum (and FB ect) is to geta look at the rest of the world. Are you on FB?

I looked and like what I saw .. very interesting.
Clinker built. Must be fastened w rivets or similar. If it was welded it would not be a clinker IMO ... what think?
The boat looks great. I’m not keen on sailboats at all but this hull would make an excellent trawler .. and of course an even better motor sailer. I see it better with a small rig and more of a bridge for a wheelhouse.

Really nice to see boats like this in Finland. One of the reasons I’m on Trawler Forum (and FB ect) is to geta look at the rest of the world. Are you on FB?

FB???

My dog has a Facebook page, I don’t. It allows me to easily share pictures of my dog without dealing with the BS. When people try to talk to me there I respond with “Wags Tail”

SeaMoose,
A lot of the time I consider the number of animals on FB to be a negative.
I prefer a lot of the BS.
I now spend more time on FB than TF. Considerably. Just excomunicated two. That’s how you control your FB page and what you have to read or respond to. I delete anybody that posts heavy religious material for example. Hard to do w relatives though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom