Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The motorsailor looks like a Nauticat built in Finland.

That was my first thought. But on closer examination I don't think it is. Interesting looking boat, looks like a serious cruiser.

The motorsailer is a Fisher Northeaster 30. Great little boats for cooler climates. It looks like the teak strakes on the sides have been removed though.

nepenthe2.JPG

A couple of nice boats anchored here in Pruth Bay, Northern Coast BC, tonight.
Love the North Sea hull on that motorsailer - must have been made in Great Britain by the looks of her.

Don't recognize the trawler, but nice lines & layout.

We're going to be heading to Pruth Bay in a while, so I've been checking out their dock-cam. Was that you side tied to a sailboat earlier this afternoon? Looked crowded today.

It'll be dark right now, but if anyone is interested during daylight hours here's the link: Weather stations and webcams - Hakai EIMS

We're going to be heading to Pruth Bay in a while, so I've been checking out their dock-cam. Was that you side tied to a sailboat earlier this afternoon? Looked crowded today.

It'll be dark right now, but if anyone is interested during daylight hours here's the link: Weather stations and webcams - Hakai EIMS

I thought those cameras looked familiar... they are mobotix M25 cameras!

Murray - No, that was a NT 37 rafted up - we were right behind him. He just left a few minutes ago - we're staying today to do some hiking...

The motorsailer is a Fisher Northeaster 30. Great little boats for cooler climates. It looks like the teak strakes on the sides have been removed though.

nepenthe2.JPG

You`re right; the removed strakes completely change the character of the boat.

Saw this heading up Queen Charlotte Strait. Wonder what the hull looks like?

Attachments

• Tug.jpg
    Tug.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 146
dvd
Here's the same boat off Cape Caution a bit over 10 years ago.

Attachments

• DSCF0467 copy.jpg
    DSCF0467 copy.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 158
Would a guess as a converted life boat be in order?

Art,
Not a steady sail .. that thare's a trawler. But primarily a motor sailer.
And yes Al it must be an old steel lifeboat. When we were younger there were lots of them in -pleasure boat country.
Oh and the guy's got the same rubber duckie. Didn't know they lasted that long.

Interesting picture, Eric. He may have been headed back around Cape Caution!

"O" to a few years younger able to undertake the maintenance. I drooled when it was first advertised for sale a few months back.

Al-Ketchikan

41' narrow boat

here is one:

"Otter" is powered by 3 cylinder Yanmar diesel with sail drive. Eight knots at less than 1 gallon an hour. Sleeping quarters for two in V-birth, sink, stove, diesel stove/heater combination. Radar, GPS, shore power system, auto pilot, stereo, anchor roller. She is mechanically in very good operating condition, and her hull is sound. The price reflects the need for cosmetics and paint. Great commuter or short trip cruiser.

for sale Skagit craigslist

Attachments

• otter.jpg
    otter.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 146
That takes the fun out of being on a boat.

Keep em out of the way of US Navy destroyers and they'll do just fine.

What could possibly go wrong on a drone LNG tanker? :rolleyes:

Ted

Lou,
But he didn't have blisters. No peeling FG hulls. And rotten wood sandwiched inbetween FG laminate. Nightmarish repairs that would be relatively simple on a wood boat. All is not as it seems and listening to "dock talk" can lead one far from reality.

However finding a person to pay the caulking may be difficult.

Kasten design steel schooner for sale in Florida . I know it's not a trawler but it has a nice layout and looks well built .

Attachments

• IMG_3149.jpg
    IMG_3149.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 132
Back
Top Bottom