Old 11-29-2015, 11:11 PM   #2721
Guru

City: Concrete Washington State
Vessel Name: Willy
Vessel Model: Willard Nomad 30'
Wow
Anybody notice that giant yellow Willard-like boat? Eilidh Bhan .... quick ID = yellow hull.
Looks like she's planked w wood but is it the steel building method talked about earlier?
She's like my Willy .. Narrow easy entry w full aft cheeks.
Very nice double ender w an N46 like stem and deeper forefoot.
Engine rebuilt recently .. With new crankshaft .. 90hp. That's about as total as a rebuild can get.
I see she's wood. "larch on oak" Built in 1998.

Link by Rustybarge
Steel Catamaran, Fife - FAFB

North Western Washington State USA
Nomad Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 05:04 AM   #2722
Guru

City: I need a bigger boat!
Vessel Model: Cheetah 25' Powercat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by manyboats View Post
Wow
Anybody notice that giant yellow Willard-like boat? Eilidh Bhan .... quick ID = yellow hull.
Looks like she's planked w wood but is it the steel building method talked about earlier?
She's like my Willy .. Narrow easy entry w full aft cheeks.
Very nice double ender w an N46 like stem and deeper forefoot.
Engine rebuilt recently .. With new crankshaft .. 90hp. That's about as total as a rebuild can get.
I see she's wood. "larch on oak" Built in 1998.

Link by Rustybarge
Steel Catamaran, Fife - FAFB
That's a very pretty hull; it's hard to beat the elegance of wooden work boats.

Old 11-30-2015, 05:48 AM   #2723
Guru

These are the guys who design these cats from Scotland.

Bottom of page: http://www.marinedesign.ie/designs/work-boats/

I've e- mailed them for the specs sheet......

I think I've solved the argument: that is definitely a trawler!

Old 11-30-2015, 08:34 AM   #2724
Guru

Here's some performance specs for a 11 ton 10 meter with twin 180 HP diesels....

....Top speed 15kts !!!!!

B31 MV COASTAL CAT - Mooney Boats Ireland

Although this is a alloy version, but with heavy deck gear, it only needs 30hp/ton to achieve 15 kts.

The boden design 9mtr steel version only weights 6.5 tons.....hmmmm!

Previous Post 2717... http://www.bodenboatplans.com/produc...products_id=23
Old 12-03-2015, 04:30 PM   #2725
Guru

City: St Augustine, FL
Vessel Name: RunningTide
Vessel Model: 37 Louisiane catamaran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al View Post
Wow! I finely have arrived at the point of having found MY favorite and lusted for boat!! No matter the views of any body else, this is now my only 'Dream Boat' given unlimited wealth. In a heart beat this would be in the harbor here in Ketchikan as fast as the check would clear!!! Truely a man's boat that a woman would love. The photos alone cause increased heart beating!!

Al-Ketchkan

1969 Ed Monk, Sr. Nelson & Hansen Pilothouse Power Boat For Sale
Don't know exactly how I ended up back on this page of the subject thread, BUT sure am happy I did. That Monk design "Lazy Gal" is just an absolute beauty. WOW

Better grab a few of those photo before the vessel gets sold and that listing ends.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Monk Trawler for sale.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	47032  
brian eiland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 06:48 PM   #2726
Guru

Brian,
Here's two more.
Been aboard Al ... bout pee'd ma pants in lust.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCF1578 copy 2.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	193.9 KB
ID:	47040   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1568 copy 2.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	126.0 KB
ID:	47041  

Old 12-03-2015, 08:31 PM   #2727
Master and Commander

City: Vallejo CA
Vessel Name: Carquinez Coot
Vessel Model: 2011 Seahorse Marine Coot hull #6
I was talked out of having an orange pilothouse roof by fellow Trawler Forum participants because bright yellow is much more visible.

Old 12-03-2015, 09:02 PM   #2728
Guru

City: Port Townsend Washington
Vessel Name: " OTTER "
Vessel Model: Ocean Alexander Europa 40
Quote:
Brian,
Here's two more.
Been aboard Al ... bout pee'd ma pants in lust.

wow that is a pretty boat.. enough to make one ponder the thought of owning a wood yacht.... for about 5 seconds!

HOLLYWOOD
hollywood8118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 09:23 PM   #2729
Guru

HOLLYWOOD,
AFTER 10 or 15 minutes aboard this boat plastic boats won't even exist for at least 10 minutes. And they may look substandard for a long time.

Old 12-03-2015, 09:25 PM   #2730
Art
Guru

City: SF Bay Area
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood8118 View Post
wow that is a pretty boat.. enough to make one ponder the thought of owning a wood yacht.... for about 5 seconds!

HOLLYWOOD
Yup!
Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 09:50 PM   #2731
Art
Guru

Quote:
HOLLYWOOD,
AFTER 10 or 15 minutes aboard this boat plastic boats won't even exist for at least 10 minutes. And they may look substandard for a long time.
Eric - I doubt Hollywood is trying to decrease high-end comment on the obvious quality of that or some other of the well constructed and beautifully maintained wooden boats. I know that I am not. But, what I do mean in agreement with Hollywood's post is that for "pleasure" boating... the many levels of ongoing maintenance factors required on such a great wooden craft can simply remove the pleasure factor - unless of course money for outsourced maintenance is not an issue. - Art
Old 12-03-2015, 11:12 PM   #2732
Guru

City: Calgary
Vessel Name: Blue Sky
Vessel Model: Nordic Tugs 42 Hull #001
Lazy Gal was docked across from us a couple of years ago. Absolutely pristine from every angle. Didn't get a chance to go aboard as they were dealing with mechanical issues but did chat briefly with the owner, who seemed very personable.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC_9943.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	47048  
Conrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 10:02 AM   #2733
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art View Post
Eric - I doubt Hollywood is trying to decrease high-end comment on the obvious quality of that or some other of the well constructed and beautifully maintained wooden boats. I know that I am not. But, what I do mean in agreement with Hollywood's post is that for "pleasure" boating... the many levels of ongoing maintenance factors required on such a great wooden craft can simply remove the pleasure factor - unless of course money for outsourced maintenance is not an issue. - Art
If I had a state of the art heated/cooled $ 500,000 boat house floating in fresh water AND a massive revenue stream to allow for the hiring of hippie wood boat masters that take too long to do the most simple of tasks AND I had another boat to use for heading South I would consider that boat.

That boat is stunning.. but I did my time and learned about wood boats when we had our GB36.

HOLLYWOOD
Old 12-04-2015, 11:43 AM   #2734
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art View Post
Art,
Do you think the many people that were pleasure boating in the 50's and before didn't get pleasure out of their boating experience? This anti-wood boat attitude is rediculous. I think people get on this bandwagon to make themselves look smart or wise. Too smart to get caught in that trap. This attitude is so well entrenched that the opposite may be true. With a few exceptions plastic boats are much less labor/maintanance intensive than wood boats but theu are very very far from useless.

Old 12-04-2015, 11:57 AM   #2735
Guru

City: Paris,TN
Vessel Name: William
Vessel Model: Outer reef 32
I like it maybe because I'm old and I like traditonal boats . This one is for sure easy on the eyes . We looked at it last night on YW .
Old 12-04-2015, 05:00 PM   #2736

City: Bethlehem, PA
Vessel Name: Lady Kay V
Vessel Model: Don't know yet.....
Quote:
Do you think the many people that were pleasure boating in the 50's and before didn't get pleasure out of their boating experience?
I grew up on wooden boats until the early 70's. We had a ball. The sailing club were were a part of had been around for decades. Based on the pictures on the wall the gezers that came before us had a ball too.

OK, the people on steel boats had more fun, 'caus they could run in to things and not worry about it......
Old 12-04-2015, 06:08 PM   #2737
Guru

City: Meydenbauer Bay Yacht Club
Vessel Name: Refugio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
Lazy Gal was docked across from us a couple of years ago. Absolutely pristine from every angle. Didn't get a chance to go aboard as they were dealing with mechanical issues but did chat briefly with the owner, who seemed very personable.
Dave Nelson was a long time boat broker who retired from Wolfe Marine about 8 years ago to live in La Conner. He "sold" me Refugio, which I kept at their marina (Bruce managed it for Joe Diamond) for 5 years. Dave had several stunning wooden boats over the maybe 20 years I've known him, but this was the one he always lusted after and it finally came on the market in 2005. I was only on it once when we both happened to be at Deer Harbor in 2005 (where both QCYC and MBYC have outstations) and I got a shot of them leaving the next morning:

Name:	Dave.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	47069
refugio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 08:48 PM   #2738
Art
Guru

Quote:
Art,
Do you think the many people that were pleasure boating in the 50's and before didn't get pleasure out of their boating experience? This anti-wood boat attitude is rediculous. I think people get on this bandwagon to make themselves look smart or wise. Too smart to get caught in that trap. This attitude is so well entrenched that the opposite may be true. With a few exceptions plastic boats are much less labor/maintanance intensive than wood boats but theu are very very far from useless.
Eric - You never hear me disparage a well built wood boat; I often compliment them... except that I may state not liking its style/design./accommodations I had a blast on woodies from birth to mid 20's. What I personally learned first-hand and know damn well from working on wood boats, from very late 1950's into the 70's - is that - - > A good wood boat is a real task to care for compared to a good fiberglass boat.

That's it pure and simple! Nothing more, nothing less!!

Get over yourself... railing against persons such as me that tell it like it is, due to experience; in comparing maintenance factors regarding wooden vs FRP boats.
Old 12-04-2015, 11:29 PM   #2739
Guru

Quote:
Art,
Eric, last I checked you your self don't own a woodie?? why not?

If you care to go back and re read MY post I never had a "Anti-wood" attitude.. I just listed the things that would be necessary for me to have one like the beautiful example that was posted. I WAS a wood Gb36 owner.. and I've had 4 classic mahogany speed/racing boats in the past
( I will have another eventually in my retirement years so I can spend weeks applying successive coats of varnish and not give a crap).

I am far from a anti wood boat owner. But I cannot justify the time necessary to keep one in mint condition at this point of my life.. I spend all the time I can spare traveling to far away places on the trawlers that I love... and actually using the boats.
HOLLYWOOD
Old 12-05-2015, 09:55 AM   #2740
Guru

I just saw this one, set up well and a lot of boat...

1999 Little Hoquiam Trawler Power Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

HOLLYWOOD