Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
interesting trawler

Clever hinged anchor platform, and pulpit arrangement. Note the after-market mast, and boom. Dana Point Harbor.

Attachments

• DSCN0884.jpg
    DSCN0884.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 160
  • DSCN0885.jpg
    DSCN0885.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 180
  • DSCN0886.jpg
    DSCN0886.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 179
gas - I looked carefully at link photos of boat. Would not like to pilot, nor be aboard, that boat in riled-up following sea circumstance. :eek: - Art :D

Getting back to boats that are actually interesting .... GREAT

Ted I remember that IG. We had a good discussion as I recall.

I wonder why mpre do'nt make articulated bow pulpits. Think of the money you'd save every month.

Last edited:
Pretty Grand Banks

While walking the docks in Dana Point, and looking at interesting brokerage boats, my wife and I noticed this attractive Grand Banks. My wife asked how much$$, and I replied probably around one twenty five. Later when I looked on line I was surprised to find it was under forty.

Attachments

• DSCN0888.jpg
    DSCN0888.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 183
  • DSCN0889.jpg
    DSCN0889.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 192
This one is interesting. Check the quad-maran near the end.
https://youtu.be/Jvl0ne1M8cE

I wonder how long before they make it in a trawler configuration. Actually, maybe that is. I recall the "Trawler" definition thread. LOL

This one is interesting. Check the quad-maran near the end.
https://youtu.be/Jvl0ne1M8cE

I wonder how long before they make it in a trawler configuration. Actually, maybe that is. I recall the "Trawler" definition thread. LOL

Lots of moving parts to maintain and rebuild in that suspension.

Ted

Could be good in some commercial / law enforcement operations. For general pleasure boaters - I think not... as it becoming a much used boat design technique... but maybe, one never really knows till the sales-market promoters get done!

img_532229_0_19e1553223d7a5c23883de7b1c26e69f.jpg

USS Enterprise being towed away from Puget Sound Naval Shipyard this morning. She is destined to be scrapped. Just out of frame are tugs Lindsey Foss, Henry Foss, Andrew Foss, and offshore supply ship Dino Chouest.

On Photo 55, does it look like the charger wiring was done with Romex house wiring or is it my eyes?
The tinned stranded two conductor wire made by Ancor that I use for AC looks just like Romex.

Funny thing I was looking at this boat in the last couple of weeks. Saw one pull into Westview a few years back. Had a family living on board. Kind of searched them out ever since. Make a great liveaboard boat.

Greetings,
Mr. 78. NOPE! Don't want another wooden boat BUT that out of water hull picture (6/10) is gorgeous. WHAT lines! Wonder what cruising and top speed are?

Wood boats are a big PITA but they have something other boats don't, an indefinable something, not quite a soul.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/boa/6042764535.html

Always admired these boats. There is a smaller one locally, but its a ugh, V-Drive, and a bit overpriced if I recall. Elco of course was one of the makers of WWII PT boats.

Late 50' / mid 60's I was in love with Elco and Egg Harbor wooden boats.

Couple of slips down, Fred and Flo Plaut had a really nice 1948 Elco. I believe it was 34 or 35 feet long...maybe 36?? anyway - The Plauts were a kick in butt; young at heart to say the least!. They loved their Elco... so did I.

This is, for me, the most perfect boat. It's what I was looking for for two years before I bought the Cheoy Lee 52' m.y. Damn.

Damn nice boat. Being me - I can picture a fly bridge on her! :dance:

I saw one with a raised steering station and windshield fitted at the aft bulkhead of the house. A sort of mini flybridge with two helm chairs and a Bimini. Very similar to what they do to Lagoon cats. Anyway it had a blue hull with gold trim and was just drop dead gorgeous. That was about 10 years ago and I have been looking for something similar since. I was thinking of it as the perfect trans pacific yacht. But after my heart issues I had to let go of that dream and stick to near coastal cruising. But it is a big reason why I ended up with my Cheoy Lee Gentleman's Yacht.

Yeah someone needs to buy that.

Would look better without the fly bridge. [emoji41]

Edit: Just saw it is located in the Caribbean. That's interesting. Not many pocket trawlers in the Caribbean due to the rougher seas I would guess?

Last edited:
Yeah someone needs to buy that.

Would look better without the fly bridge. [emoji41]

IMO: On a pleasure boat... looks ain't everything, by any means! Comfort and fun and views while cruising are very important parts to the "pleasure" boat equation. :speed boat:

Back
Top Bottom