Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, Art. I see you just had to show the fly-bridge model!:popcorn:

I've drooled over that boat before.

I've drooled over that boat before.

Drooling over it would make the decks too slippery/messy. lol Wish I could drool over the gunnels for bout ten years of cruising! :socool: :D

Art,
I'd love to know what kind of paint they used for the name on Point Reyes. While the rest of the boat seems to need some TLC, that name stands out brightly

Jim

Did the designers (had to be more than one, it looks like it was done by a committee) of the Sea Piper 35 give any thought to how messy Change of Watch would be in foul weather? Both the forward 'stateroom' and the pilothouse would be dripping wet.

Jim

Art,
I'd love to know what kind of paint they used for the name on Point Reyes. While the rest of the boat seems to need some TLC, that name stands out brightly

Jim

Hi Jim

I thought same thing and sure would like to know the paint brand! Bet it's a custom mix by the sign-painter that applied the name. May last longer painted on (soaked into) wood than other materials

Maybe I could climb aboard to see if there's a line chart in the fishing boat's glove box; listing all that worked on her - LOL However, afraid I'd fall on my asss as rotten wood disintegrated. :facepalm: :D

For multi colored hand painted name on our boat... Nine years ago I hired a young, accomplished sign painter who was famous in the area for doing beautiful supermarket and retail store signs, both indoor and out door.

Wife and I designed the boat name, he did further artistic input on a stencil he created. I asked him how long he expected the boat name's bright colors to last before fading and what type paint he was using. His answers: I use highest grade automotive pin stripe paint and mix in hardeners as well as adherence glues for painting on fiberglass. I doubt you will see fade for at least a couple decades; sign should last in good condition for many decades, baring scrapes on it and that I make sure to not pressure wash or use harsh cleaners like Comet. That was ample guarantee for me!

Our boat sign was the kid's (mid 20's) last private paint job before enlisting into the Navy as a career. Hope he and cute girl friend have great life. He did get back to me about a year later by email and asked for a photo... I sent him a few.

In the nine years since hand-painting there has been no fade. Couple thin line scrapes, chink marks etc from things on swim step. For occasional touch up... we purchased a full color array package of Testors model paints in the tiny sized glass jars with metal caps. Keep the array and a few small artist brushes in bottom draw of master stateroom bureau.

Attachments

• The Office Name_100_1656.jpg
    The Office Name_100_1656.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 92
Woops!

Attachments

• The Office Name_100_1656.jpg
    The Office Name_100_1656.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Sorry for more than one entry. "Edit" functions seem confused today... at least from what I have done for years! - Art

Attachments

• TO_Arrow Thru Heart_100_1657.jpg
    TO_Arrow Thru Heart_100_1657.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 189
I dont would like to kiss this girl, even though she is funny and beautiful

Wish one of the two videos showing internal troubles of ship severe listing and water gushing over occupant floors and decks could have shown actual wave conditions in the sea. Amount of list accounted for in videos, especially the one with gushing water flowing over internal floor and outside decks, makes me wonder how top heavy that ship may be.

Just as a guestimate, unless the captain was running parallel with the waves and therefore fighting beam seas, there must have had to been 30' to 40' cresting swells. Seems that size ship should be able to run on forward quarter beam into waves and reduce circumstances shown in videos. Or, is that floating city simply too top heavy??

BTW - With today's high tech weather predictions... what was that captain/boat doing in that weather condition anyway?? Maybe ordered to by corporate heads sucking on bourbon and water by the fireplace in their corporate lounge... while maximizing corporate profits. Geeeezzzzz!!!!

Once all that top hamper starts flopping over as in rolling it takes a lot of force to stop the roll not to mention bringing her back upright.

I actually like the look of her more than most. I like the slightly raked back stem. A bit like some Dutch boats. She's just as high as most cruise ships but her topsides are much lower. Kinda like the old warships 100+ years ago.

Pilou,
Did you photograph that and choose your vantage point well
or photoshop. My guess is you just saw it and like a good photographer snapped it.

I see something I did'nt see before. Those two ships in post 45 are'nt the same ship. Looking closely at the sheer fwd reveals a slot in the top of the topsides on the lower boat and it's not there on the upper boat pic. I was puzzled because looking at the "comm'in at you" shot (the upper one) it looks for all world like a raked bow boat .... and it is.

Last edited:
Pilou:
Clever shot!
If such a vessel really existed, I am sure there are plenty of people who would risk their lives by buying a ticket.

...Those two ships in post 45 arn`t the same ship. Looking closely at the sheer fwd reveals a slot in the top of the topsides on the lower boat and it's not there on the upper boat pic. I was puzzled because looking at the "comm'in at you" shot (the upper one) it looks for all world like a raked bow boat .... and it is.
Bows are as different as a GB and an IG. Not the same ship. There are other differences. Maybe just the same shipping line.

I can't get picture to copy onto post. Believe me... seeing the 24 photos of this beautiful classic/antique yacht is worth it!! :thumb:

Unfortunately the add will disappear in a few days from Craigslist. If anyone knows how to get photos to copy onto this thread that would be great!

83 Foot 1928 Fantail Motor Yacht in New (Bristol) orig. condition! - $800000

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/boa/5991454647.html

Last edited:
I can't get picture to copy onto post. Believe me... seeing the 24 photos of this beautiful classic/antique yacht is worth it!! :thumb:

Unfortunately the add will disappear in a few days from Craigslist. If anyone knows how to get photos to copy onto this thread that would be great!

83 Foot 1928 Fantail Motor Yacht in New (Bristol) orig. condition! - $800000

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/boa/5991454647.html
I think I got them saved in a folder on my laptop. Lets see if I can post a few.
I've also ask for some pics of the engine spaces.

Attachments

• 00D0D_2HnGqJI99Ty_1200x900.jpg
    00D0D_2HnGqJI99Ty_1200x900.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 93
  • 00d0d_cKKYmiYNuto_1200x900.jpg
    00d0d_cKKYmiYNuto_1200x900.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 93
  • 00g0g_kj75xAMX6VZ_1200x900.jpg
    00g0g_kj75xAMX6VZ_1200x900.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 95
  • 00o0o_g0t28tulYNo_1200x900.jpg
    00o0o_g0t28tulYNo_1200x900.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 98
  • 00T0T_jC5oFabmKwA_1200x900.jpg
    00T0T_jC5oFabmKwA_1200x900.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 101
  • 00v0v_4vHQZ60x9Bb_1200x900.jpg
    00v0v_4vHQZ60x9Bb_1200x900.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 107
Greetings,
Mr. A. She sure is shiny BUT not a single shot of the mechanical spaces! THAT tells all IMO.

Send them an email or call to request ER photos Bet the sales staff was not too bright about what photo means what to experienced boaters. They have them I'm pretty sure.

Anyway... at $800K and being what she is... person who gets hot and bothered to actually purchase is probably not the one who really cares about the drive line. That will be left up to the person's assistants. CL ad is all about selling the sizzle to someone who could care less about cost or the mechanics of the boat. Just imagine the annual cost to keep that classic/antique baby in its same top condition and have a captain ready to pilot at drop of a hat.... $200K, $300K all inclusive?? :ermm:

Pilou,
Did you photograph that and choose your vantage point well
or photoshop. My guess is you just saw it and like a good photographer snapped it.

I see something I did'nt see before. Those two ships in post 45 are'nt the same ship. Looking closely at the sheer fwd reveals a slot in the top of the topsides on the lower boat and it's not there on the upper boat pic. I was puzzled because looking at the "comm'in at you" shot (the upper one) it looks for all world like a raked bow boat .... and it is.

Eric,
No Photoshop.

Both ships post #3953 belong to AIDA cruises fleet, an American/British owned German cruise line based in Rostock, Germany.

More voluptuous & pulpy mouths at :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AIDA_Cruises

:angel:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom