Insurance FL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lipets

Vessel Make
Benneteau Swift 42
Called two brokers said not writing new policy's in Fl :banghead:

Any recommendations?

What is the boat's make, model, length and year of manufacturer?

Ted

Didn't finalize purchase, but it will be likely 40-44'

looking at a 42 Benetau for example today a 2006

Looked at others 1990 and newer

Called two brokers said not writing new policy's in Fl :banghead:

Any recommendations?

Yup- move out of Fl :D

The storms of the last few years are driving the recent changes to the Florida markets- even Lloyds has severely pulled back from any CAT zone risks. I expect this will continue for the next few years.

Try: International Marine Insurance Services by Gowrie Group.

https://www.gowrie.com/Marine-Insurance/IMIS.aspx

Ted

Also try Jerry Norman at Novamar Yacht Insurance. They're in Sarasota. 941-444-5099. jerry@novamar.net.

Both are excellent insurance sources- I know both very well, and give them the highest marks.

Another excellent agent/agency is Gina Beyer of Wallace, Welch, and Willingham in St Pete- her number is 727-522-7777

Check out insurance through MTOA. I signed up with them last November. My premium was cut in half and Florida full time was included.

I went with State Farm although I'm in Virginia. The thing I liked was that they didn't require a survey (even though I have one) and have been very easy to work with. Might be worth a call.

You might try BoatUS for complete boat and towing insurance.

Just changed my insurance in FL. Went with BoatUS (Geico). No restrictions.

Left my other carrier, policy had a go north provision. They would not do an exception this year.

See, insurance is available. :flowers: Sorry, that wasn't helpful.

Without knowing the vessel's value, liability limits, and hurricane storage plans, its hard to assess the quote. My boat is registered for FL but kept out of state between June 1st and November 1st, which makes a substantial difference in the premium. I am sympathetic to your situation. 12 or 13 years ago many of the insurance companies for housing left SWFL after 2 hurricanes and tremendous losses. My company was one of them. Homeowners insurance was painful for years inspite of never having had a claim.

Ted

What is the breakdown (company, vessel value, liab amount, other coverages amount, navigation area)?

If the vessel is $300k with $500k liab, that rate is not too bad...

value $175K

built 2006

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom