Old 08-03-2012, 06:34 PM   #1
Guru

City: Atlanta
Vessel Model: Bayliner 4550 Pilothouse
INFO REQUEST: Member Nsail

Nsail,
I am loving the looks of your boat in your avatar and pictures! I think it is a 48' Offshore?? tell us more about it- post some pictures, etc. She may not be a "trawler" in the strict sense but I personally, and I think a few other members, love raised pilothouses and I for one would love to hear more about your boat!

Woodsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:12 PM   #2

City: Benicia CA
Thanks Woodsong! It is indeed a 48' Offshore. We spent over 6 months intensely searching for a trawler, or a trawler type boat in the SF Bay Area. However, there are virtually no true trawlers in the area (except maybe Mark Pierce's). We loved this by far more than any others we saw and probably would have chosen it anyway, even if there were true trawlers available.

And, even though its not a trawler, we treat it like one. Haven't had it above 11 knots except during the survey (18 knots). We mostly putt-putt along at 1200-1400 rpm's doing 7- 11 knots (depending on currents). I know I need to open it up once in a while, which I'll do my next trip.

As far as pictures, I really don't have any of the interior yet. I have a link to the original yacht world specs somewhere that includes interior pictures, but, of course, I can't find it now. I'll keep looking though and send it to you when I find it.

As for the boat, twin Cummins, 2 staterooms, 2 heads, etc. Its pretty loaded up.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Neal

Nsail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:01 PM   #3
Guru

City: Atlanta
Vessel Model: Bayliner 4550 Pilothouse
She looks super nice. Reminds me of my pilothouse except for, well, yours is nicer and most likely a lot newer.
Is your salon full beam width or side decks all around? I think the 48 offshore had side decks if I recall.
Woodsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:15 PM   #4

City: Benicia CA
Yes, full walkarounds, which was one of our requirements. She's a 2001.
Nsail is offline   Reply With Quote