I'm back... on the hard for a long time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
M/V Sherpa
Vessel Make
24' Vashon Diesel Cruiser
After what seemed like forever (almost six months), Sherpa is going back in the water at the end of the week. Work included re-painting of a few areas and touch-ups, various fiberglass repairs, engine was removed for repainting, heat exchanger cleaned, oil pressure sensor replaced, new custom cabin door, new v-berth windows, new stuffing box, bottom job, and a few other issues needing addressing.

Photos are from today. Looking forward to boating this weekend--been a long time!

Attachments

• 100_2426.jpg
    100_2426.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 108
  • 100_2428.jpg
    100_2428.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 108
  • 100_2421.jpg
    100_2421.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 110
  • 100_2424.jpg
    100_2424.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 97
  • 100_2425.jpg
    100_2425.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 114
Very nice!
I know what it's like sitting on the hard for what seems like forever. :eek:

Ted

Classy looking boat! :thumb:

Thank you all. I feel as if this boat has been on the hard more than in the water. Not that there were major problems, but I'm just so particular! My wife says "no more" and I have been ordered to start using the boat!

great looking lines, esp the stern!

Nice clean work . I know you're glad to get her back in .

looks great

Nice looking boat, I like the white with no stripes, I've thought about removing the ones on my flybridge an cabin. Mentioned it to my wife but she didn't like the idea, you know who won that.
I feel the same pain of being on the hard, Northern Lights was hauled last fall for some work including barrier coat and bottom paint it needs to be 50f+ to apply. The marina called this week because we've had some abnormally high temps for 10 days and they knew I would be anxious to return to the boat. They wanted to let me know that they had checked the hull temp and it was 34f, I told them I wasn't expecting the weather to warm up enough till April or May for the work to be completed. At least I'am not suffering with freezing temps, ice and snow.

Wow - she's looking mighty shiny. Looks like it's straight out of the showroom.

Time to have some fun in it.

Thank you everyone! I appreciate the comments. :)

Weather has been beautiful and hopefully it will hold up this week. Here's a photo of Sherpa last time out of water for two or so years.

Attachments

• 20150313_140114.jpg
    20150313_140114.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 92
Gorgeous vessel, but if mine had a shine like that, I'd probably keep it on the hard.

Back
Top Bottom