Old 03-10-2014, 01:11 AM   #1
TF Site Team

City: SEWARD ALASKA
Vessel Name: LISAS WAY
Vessel Model: BAYLINER 4788
If you really want to long distance coastal cruise

If you really want to long distance Coastal Cruise, you owe it to yourself to read a series of books by a lady that has done it.

The ladies name is Melanie Wood. I do not know her, and I do not mean to advertise for her except that these books will open your eyes about the realities of coastal cruising. I downloaded them to my Kindle App on my Ipad from Amazon.

The books are first hand accounts of her and her husband John's travels in their 38' Bayliner. This is real life and folks these people did it, and continue to do it in a regular boat.

She talks about the trials and tribulations, the good and the bad about cruising the loop, and cruising the Bahamas, and cruising in Central America in a boat like yours, and like mine.

But the story isn't about the boat, its about them. Two people that went for it. They don't have allot of money. They are regular people, and its funny, but the people they write about, the real people cruising are just like them. They are just like you and I.

I'll be honest, I'm reading this and I'm dreaming. I'll turn 52 soon, and as I sit, thinking about my dreams, I'm thiking about my exit plan. Of how I can go cruising sooner. I am blessed, in that I work part time and run a business based on the internet and telephone part time. Days like this I think, why wait for 58? And, I try to hatch a plan that works.

www.mvlisasway.com
ksanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 01:23 AM   #2
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksanders View Post
If you really want to long distance Coastal Cruise, you owe it to yourself to read a series of books by a lady that has done it.

The ladies name is Melanie Wood. I do not know her, and I do not mean to advertise for her except that these books will open your eyes about the realities of coastal cruising. I downloaded them to my Kindle App on my Ipad from Amazon.

The books are first hand accounts of her and her husband John's travels in their 38' Bayliner. This is real life and folks these people did it, and continue to do it in a regular boat.

She talks about the trials and tribulations, the good and the bad about cruising the loop, and cruising the Bahamas, and cruising in Central America in a boat like yours, and like mine.

But the story isn't about the boat, its about them. Two people that went for it. They don't have allot of money. They are regular people, and its funny, but the people they write about, the real people cruising are just like them. They are just like you and I.

I'll be honest, I'm reading this and I'm dreaming. I'll turn 52 soon, and as I sit, thinking about my dreams, I'm thiking about my exit plan. Of how I can go cruising sooner. I am blessed, in that I work part time and run a business based on the internet and telephone part time. Days like this I think, why wait for 58? And, I try to hatch a plan that works.
We have read her Bahamas and Great Loop books. Very good and interesting.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote