"The Ideal Passagemaker"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
FF that's the worst deal when you consider the odds.

Only fools buy lottery tickets.
Let's see .. how many can I insult?
I have never bought a lottery ticket.

Glad there are plenty of fools around in FL. The Florida Lottery funded the Bright Futures Scholarships that put my kids through college. Sadly, neither lives in FL anymore but being engineers, they have bright futures.

The older I get, the less likely to use absolute words like never

Richard I can apply the word never on that one and have no reservations. Just had a birthday ... 75 so I'm all kinds of old.

And Donsan here in WA lots of the lotto bucks find there way into the general fund so I'm all for people here buying lots of lotto tickets. Not call'in you or anyone else stupid either ... but I do think buy'in the tickets is stupid.

Certainly the odds of winning are close to ZERO,

but you are purchasing a DREAM !

After a $10.00 movie you have nothing ,with a $200, million drawing for a buck you have mental masterbation for a week or more.

I admit I probably have only purchased 5 or 10 lottery tickets in my life , but what FUN it is to plan your castle and dream boat, where do you get equal entertainment for donating a buck to the BuroRats?

And Donsan here in WA lots of the lotto bucks find there way into the general fund so I'm all for people here buying lots of lotto tickets. Not call'in you or anyone else stupid either ... but I do think buy'in the tickets is stupid.

I don't buy lottery tickets and also think they are stupid. But I do realize hope is an important element of the human psyche.

When the lottery was approved in FL, the deal was the funds would go to education. FL came up with the Bright Futures Scholarships which paid all or most of tuition at FL state universities if the student met certain academic or vocational conditions in high school and then maintained an acceptable GPA in college. Both of my kids had their college tuition paid this way. Today, our wonderful politicians do not feel obligated to follow the will of the voters who approved the lottery to fund education and the funds now seem to be going into the general fund and it has become much more difficult to obtain these scholarships. I won't mention which political party is behind this but it is fairly easy to figure out who controls the guvmutt in FL.

Richard I can apply the word never on that one and have no reservations. Just had a birthday ... 75 so I'm all kinds of old.

And so do I, but once when waiting for the bus, there was a line of people to buy the current Mega and I figued it was an omen, so I bought one.

I didn't win.:eek::facepalm:

My bigger issue is that once I buy it, I never bother to check to see if I've won:nonono::nonono:

Certainly the odds of winning are close to ZERO,

but you are purchasing a DREAM !

After a $10.00 movie you have nothing ,with a $200, million drawing for a buck you have mental masterbation for a week or more.

I admit I probably have only purchased 5 or 10 lottery tickets in my life , but what FUN it is to plan your castle and dream boat, where do you get equal entertainment for donating a buck to the BuroRats?

Yeah, but just imagine what your $10.00 would be worth if invested at a compound rate of .00125%. It could be worth $10.25. After considering inflation--------oh, never mind.

Ideal Passagemaker

Another contender that's in the spirit of the article which inspired this thread - Charles Neville designed aluminum JM57;

Stock Plans: Jolly Man 57 - Charles Neville associates

Here is another new design for a 76 foot thin, fast passagemaker - that I tend to like:

ob_00ebfb_voeux-1-oiseau-gris-76-alu.jpg

From here:

Meilleurs Voeux 2015 - Bateau Tranquille

Back in the 60-s there was a tri called Matamona that solved the try width hassle with simple articulated amas.

Big advantage is the amas lifted slightly when extended to cut down on wetted area underway and depressed when drawn alongside to increase the effective beam moored or dockside.

Chance of winning the lottery - pretty damn small.

My chance of getting rich at work - zero. Absolutely, positively zero.

So, I do a $104 subscription and forget about it for a year. $104/year is not far too from the total loose change under the sofa cushions, under the seats of the car, in a dish on the counter, in a coffee cup on my desk ....

Back
Top Bottom