Originally Posted by Peter B
One of those special days. They make great memories. Gee, that's a pretty handy speed for a 32 footer. What sort of motor does it have. There's no way my 34 footer would do 16kn. I know the Nordic Tug is a semi-planer, but it must have a 200hp plus engine to do those speeds..?
Peter, I have the Cummings 6BTA5.9 270 hp diesel
Originally Posted by chester613
I love the NT 32. That 220 Cummins is a great engine. Does your electronics display fuel burn? I have a Yanmar engine and it interphases with the NEMA box and I see the fuel consumption so I can determine the right speed to travel. I notice, for instance, at 6 Knts I burn more fuel than at 8 Knts. I look at NMPG. I shoot for 2 NMPG or greater.
I'm not sure if that year (2004) Cummings engine support NMEA.
Fuel burn is a great feature to have.
Thanks everyone for the kind words.
I have a big list of things I want to do to the boat (don't we all!) before next spring/summer cruising season. We have multiple trips to Catalina planned so I want to get the boat all figured out and dialed in.
1.New rode. I currently have 50' of chain and about 200' of spliced 3 strand.
If the first link to the splice wasn't totally rusted, I'd probably just leave it alone.
I'm thinking 100' chain with 200' of 3 strand or 8 plait. Any suggestions?
2. Some sort of davit system for the dinghy and a small outboard.
3. Transom swim ladder. Interesting story. The family and I were walking around Ventura Harbor today saw a 32 Nordic Tug pulling in to a slip in our marina so I walked over and introduced myself. I asked the fellow what year his boat was and he said "2005". "Hull number #247". My boat is hull number #246. How about that!
What does all this have to do with a transom ladder? He had the integrated transom swim ladder on his.
The integrated ladders are sweet as they are stored in a swim deck "pocket".
I wish I had that feature. As usual, a day late and a dollar short
4. New starting batteries and house batteries.
5. Xm/Sirius. I have the original Kenwood sirius ready stereo from 2004 and so I ordered a Sirius tuner off Ebay today for $40. Probably the cheapest thing I'll buy for the boat.
6. Bimini for the rear deck of the boat.
7. custom mattress for the V berth.
I'm new to this type of boating (bigger boat with lots of systems) so I welcome any and all advice or suggestions.