I see a wide variety of boats here, so what exactly makes a boat a trawler?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
3 fingers of decent wiskey, bourbon, rum, scotch, (insert preference) fixes all that.....

Of course not if you have a behavioral or chemical problem with it.....:D

You might consider it Don. I think Biscuits and gravy is about the most unhealthy thing you can eat. I've even been reading that Wheat is so bad one should not eat any of it. That's where the sugar is comming from .. not so much the usual places. That's why we Americans are so fat. Two slices of wheat bread = more sugar than a Snickers bar. We're learning so anfast about food nutrition that it's hard to find good food to eat.

Coming from you, Eric, I know that it is good advice. Like you said that bread is a carbohydrate. All carbs are basically sugar or the body easily converts them to sugars. That raises glucose levels that leads to weight gain.

Greetings,
The MAJOR problem with weight control is NOT carbs or sugars or fats or any other "bad food of the week". It's portion control-plain and simple. Just take a look around your local Golden Griddle. Don't be so quick to overreact to the latest "food doom". Nothing inherently wrong with almost anything you may care to eat IN MODERATION.

Last edited:
img_346129_0_20c3e075e16b58260d45bfecf56a0e45.jpg

On my SPORTY (not a trawler, no matter how slow I drive it or what kind of fishing I do, of which trawling is a part of) I have 2 eggs over easy and 2 peices of bacon every morning. My mom and dad et that, my grandparents on both sides et that. They only lived to be about 95ish or therebouts. My mom and dad are still eating like that everyday. Dad is 78 and can still put 125 bales of hay on a truck faster than anybody here. Garranteed.

Greetings,
The MAJOR problem with weight control is NOT carbs or sugars or fats or any other "bad food of the week". It's portion control-plain and simple. Just take a look around your local Golden Griddle. Don't be so quick to overreact to the latest "food doom". Nothing inherently wrong with almost anything you may care to eat IN MODERATION.

Agreed x 10 - However, I must say... there are some foods better for nutrition and your system in general than others.

In regard to food, my preferences are the same as my boat. Keep it simple!

My wife & I try not buy anything with more than 3 ingredients; Especially if we cannot pronounce them.

And as RT said. Don't overeat. Learn to listen to your body. Eat because you are hungry. Not because you are bored/stressed/thirsty/anxious. Stop eating when you are not hungry.

It is as simple/difficult as that.

Back
Top Bottom