I know Chriscraft isn't a trawler but this is a beauty...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saw a fine looking later model fiberglass one recently that tempted me, this one is gorgeous.

It sure is!

Although I wouldn't want the maintenance (Varnish) hassle. she sure is a looker. :rolleyes:

Greetings,
Mr. r. She does look pristine BUT a couple of pictures of the ER space would tell the tale for me. Is she REALLY restored or is it a sh*t and shinola job? I've seen the syndrome several times before. Scads of money spent to "restore" anything visible but SFA done to the mechanical. Lipstick on a pig if you will. Not saying THIS vessel is like that but without pictures...

RT, I'm just a sucker for unique ol' stuff with engine(s). At least those 350's in there are fairly easy to work on.
"If" that ol' feller could handle it... I'd put a couple of 468 chevy big blocks (about 460hp and 520 torque) in there and smile big time inbetween the gas stops :socool:

Greetings,
Mr. r. She does look pristine BUT a couple of pictures of the ER space would tell the tale for me. Is she REALLY restored or is it a sh*t and shinola job? I've seen the syndrome several times before. Scads of money spent to "restore" anything visible but SFA done to the mechanical. Lipstick on a pig if you will. Not saying THIS vessel is like that but without pictures...

Greetings,
Mr. r. I hear ya brother. CC was the "Chevy" of the day and they made a lot of them. I'm not picking on this boat specifically but the first thing I look at in any boat ad or in person is the ER. Attention to detail in mechanical restoration/maintenance indicates that beauty is more than skin deep. Paint, particularly on woodies can quite easily hide a multitude of sins. When we were actively looking, no ER pictures, no further interest on my part.
I'm currently in the process of performing deferred maintenance aboard. Not painting the ER, but giving the whole works a good cleaning and general tidy up. Won't be picture perfect but neat and honest. It's overdue.

Rogue,
Thanks for posting this.
He says "everything on this boat has been meticulously restored". Hard to imagine one could do that for $60K. But she may be a very simple boat. No gen, no windlass, minimal electronics ect. Engines woodwork and paint.
Didn't CC have their own engines in 61? So the engines are a replacement ... not anything restored. Then there's the chance they are replacements from the 80s .. w carbs .. and restored as advertised. I'd rather have modern fuel injected Crusaders.

But she is beautiful .. to be sure. Love the nicely done red white and blue but not the stupid looking round port at the front of the cabin sides.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom