I Hear That There Is A Chilly Spell In The US

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

menzies

Guru
Vessel Name
SONAS
Vessel Make
Grand Alaskan 53
Stay warm y'all!

:)

Attachments

• P1010581 (960x720).jpg
    P1010581 (960x720).jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 96
  • BlueWater.jpg
    BlueWater.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 94
It's warm now. Last week I saw several degrees below zero, and a daytime high of about 4 degrees.

Looks like the wind finally stopped blowing in the Bahamas.

Ted

I've got my boat on the hill for maintenance.

No fun sanding the bottom at 35 to 40F.

Actually, no fun sanding the bottom anytime.

Done with that. Talk about being sh!tcovered. And bone chilled.

Yuk.

Going down to 40 tonight at Patrick AFB, Cocoa Beach....been blowing 20 or so since yesterday morning.

Good news is bright blue sky's and the FL sun makes it comfy pretty fast.

But as the customs sticker on the back of my old helmet said ...... "It's better in the Bahamas"...:thumb:

Thirty nine degrees in Bay Saint Louis, Mississippi this morning. We were supposed to be in the Bahamas by now. (sad face on).

HAH! 40's would be great. 3' of snow already and more coming....In case anyone asks, I'm somewhat north of y'all...

HAH! 40's would be great. 3' of snow already and more coming....In case anyone asks, I'm somewhat north of y'all...

Have a lamb chop and close your eyes...it will feel like 80 degrees.....:D

I just had Marjorie's last one the other day for lunch ...mmmmmmmm...:thumb:

My daughter sent me this from back home. Go to see some people still have a sense of humor.

Attachments

• IMG_0199.jpg
    IMG_0199.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 74

I clearly understand what you mean, we are n the same boat dear Mr RTF and this one is not floating!

Condolences humbly offered. We set our cabbage yesterday.

Yep, its getting cooler. 90 yesterday and 86 today. Full sun and Nice light breeze here in Vegas. We start heading North in two days, maybe we can bring a bit of this Sunshine to the Boat, I hear they could use it.

Wifey B: it's horribly bad cold here right now. 61 degrees and going down to 55 degrees tonight. High tomorrow a shivering 71 degrees. We're heading to NC tomorrow morning though and tomorrow night it will be 25 degrees. Going to be a cold weekend but we'll survive. Highs in 60's. :ermm:

The snow is gone in Concrete and it was 52 in LaConner today.

It's all relative.

Got to several degrees above freezing today, the sun was shining, varied thrushes, fox sparrows, pine siskins, and junco's were singing up a storm, geese were on the wing, the crocuses are jumping up, and when the sun popped out between the clouds you could feel its warmth.

Seasons are great :thumb: :thumb:

We have a little snow on Signal Mtn and hard freezes at night--this after shirtsleeve weather last week. It is ever thus here in the spring. I'm heading to the eastern shore Saturday to further prep for launching in April. Brrrrrr.

Some better than others.

When all my girlfriends were gorgeous, true all that beauty got boring.

Now that some are plain, really makes me appreciate the pretty ones.

Yup, Jax hit 27 last night. Hope you "winterized" your house before you took off.

No wonder he refers to so many ex-girlfriends. If the current one reads about him calling her plain, that might be one more. My wife is gorgeous and always will be.

No wonder he refers to so many ex-girlfriends. If the current one reads about him calling her plain, that might be one more. My wife is gorgeous and always will be.

And of course, you KNOW she will read this!:angel:

Greetings,
MY wife won't read this and she's gorgeous as well... always has been...AND I've been telling her that for the last 50 years or so.

Just realized that was only Mr. 61's second post. Sorry about that. Usually a newbee has been around a while before he gets picked on. My apologies Mr. 61.

Last edited:
Greetings,
MY wife won't read this and she's gorgeous as well... always has been...AND I've been telling her that for the last 50 years or so.

Just realized that was only Mr. 61's second post. Sorry about that. Usually a newbee has been around a while before he gets picked on. My apologies Mr. 61.

We were walking along Hollywood Beach one day. There was an older Canadian couple by the water, then swimming. I'm guessing at least 75. His belly flopped over his trunks, which while not speedo's were somewhat brief. She was wearing a bikini and her body was wrinkled like a Shar Pei. However, you could see the way they looked at each other that they both saw the person they fell in love with 50 years ago, just as beautiful as they were then. We walked over and my wife said to them, "We just wanted to comment how beautiful you two are together." They were shocked, thanked us, and we walked on.

Not cold here. Just spent 6 glorious days afloat in 70*F weather hunting for sturgeon!

DSi2i0DkCVf660iX5g-X5Ln1B_2-3UVuuLbM9hAf_99bhoby0aceGEFT7thCh7cliXyqDBrGkm_WwrNcJJoAYqPl0IlUSrJ4otWS2UuAbgYs3HxJq3bHKmsUiQz6BR6JE7uM8B1oWJ5pHUgzhjFmHK99frDl_IGlwJ-jQYp9mSUHTofF5R-BUJBFXZyHMix6J6EV3Vb-MjBJ04l0ryPKHb8ydykAqVOmZC266TzcpjZHANqy_TKh2AN1Fvi2LwzpVP0bWRl4x0JMyyAClgSYSOoyusGZLkqpkD6BfuX3zpsQekGjb1BvASk3G_ETlHjVkRHc5WN-ypFvfiHu5AKC8JKM2fgpTmZu7919ML3HNAWe6XvenNqNRCxq3qi447IKp2hfk-1Ld70_WATDNlvQW6wLGk7SUXfhV6x1Z872a9W8GYUGcdENswHxtCAGT5ERB1J7G1sALQcUhA9qCSMSZ4-vkIdLC39xoLlYlCoQosmEHknfKczF1cZ42vrqjMIexSQgla3e7-T_dRzx3D3TPCJ1J_4BTmhFUgr_nxtbt51_CP2JchzYrHOSN89ORX8IK_KOYZlEkCoe7X-fmHX70i7fqGpfDII69zG1F-_b84M6Cky7bSeaGA=w1261-h709-no

Back
Top Bottom