Old 03-07-2013, 08:17 AM   #21

City: Galveston
Vessel Name: Sea Catsle
Vessel Model: 1971 Hatteras 58 Yacht Fish
It's easy to get all upset, though I just try to stay out of the way (goes back to my flying habits). Wave and say, "thanks for the wake", especially if it's a large one.

There's too many things to get upset about, I just try not to let anyone ruin the fun I'm having.

Victor_Chat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:52 AM   #22
TF Site Team

City: League City, Tx
Vessel Model: Carver 356
My wife just holds up her hand with her thumb and forefinger about an inch apart and yells, "SORRY ABOUT YOUR PENIS!!!!".......works every time!!!!

Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:08 AM   #23
Guru

City: North Charleston, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by manyboats View Post
Re the OP all this talk about blasting on horns and rules of the "road" seems odd to me.
I think I would'a just turned to avoid him. ............ !
You missed the point where he said he had to take evasive action.

I have been put in the same position a couple of times. The AICW can be very narrow in some places and if an oncoming boat takes his half out of the middle it can put you in danger of going aground trying to avoid him. Picture this: A narrow land cut a mile or more long, straight as an arrow and lined by flat terrain and sea grass. The only two things moving are your boat and his. How can he not see you and move to his starboard enough for a safe passage? Yet he doesn't.

The only other option is to "play chicken", hold your course, and see if he takes action to avoid you. Most of us don't want to risk our boats and our safety to do this however.
rwidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:10 AM   #24
Guru

City: North Charleston, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_Chat View Post
It's easy to get all upset, though I just try to stay out of the way (goes back to my flying habits). Wave and say, "thanks for the wake", especially if it's a large one.

There's too many things to get upset about, I just try not to let anyone ruin the fun I'm having.
We're not talking about a wake here although there will probably be one, we are talking about a collision. That's something to get upset about in my book.

rwidman is offline   Reply With Quote