I finished painting Southerly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very nice Donna . Love the details.

I`m amazed you did roll + tip all on your own. Guessing you are not ambidextrous, rolling and tipping with both hands, you`d have to be quick. I suppose it depends how much time the paint allows, but well done,looks good.

Very nice work. I watched a couple roll and tip a boat that was in the yard next to me. It took them several days of hard labor. Not sure I would attempt it after watching them.

I`m amazed you did roll + tip all on your own. Guessing you are not ambidextrous, rolling and tipping with both hands, you`d have to be quick. I suppose it depends how much time the paint allows, but well done,looks good.

This is not an easy process. It was super hard. It has been dry in my part of Florida and not much humidity making the paint dry much faster. Roll and tip gets much easier the more you do it. I did not clean any of the setups, ie:rollers, brushes, trays. I threw them away twice a day. It’s impossible to clean. Of course there was a spot or two I missed with the tip because of glare from the sun. That was an easy fix. A light sand with a fine grit the next day and touch it up. Feathering it in was easy.

Back
Top Bottom