Old 04-25-2019, 10:43 AM   #61
Guru

City: Santa Cruz, CA
Vessel Name: Concerto
Vessel Model: 1980 Cheoy Lee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star0210 View Post
Football is my main motivator for getting sat TV/cable on the boat. I don’t want to deal with buffering or weak internet signals. And I’d like to not be land bound during football season.

Another annoying thing with Direct tv....last season I purchased the NFL Sunday ticket. It was like $300. What they don’t tell you is that only one mobile device can be logged in at a time. If we had stayed with Direct tv, I would not purchase it again. It wasn’t worth it.

The switch to Dish was super easy and my monthly bill is about $70 cheaper per month. I ordered the receiver for the boat and now we just need to get it all installed.

My boat DTV bill is $50.67 a month for HD. I got it for football season as well. When I add Sunday Ticket, it will be 75 a month. If you own your DVR , its cheaper. AFAIK , Dish still does not have sunday ticket
bligh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 10:49 AM   #62
Guru

City: Madisonville, LA
Vessel Name: Sea Star
Vessel Model: 2004 Cruisers Yachts 50SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bligh View Post
My boat DTV bill is $50.67 a month for HD. I got it for football season as well. When I add Sunday Ticket, it will be 75 a month. If you own your DVR , its cheaper. AFAIK , Dish still does not have sunday ticket
No, they don’t but they do have Red Zone.
Star0210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 10:59 AM   #63
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
My understanding is that AT&T has eliminated Red Zone and NFL network and that although the Directv contract for Sunday Ticket runs through 2022, the NFL has an opt out they can exercise after the 2019 season. It is believed they may choose to opt out to create a bidding war with Google and Amazon jumping into the fray. However, Sunday Ticket is safe for the 2019 season and may continue beyond that.

Sunday Ticket brings a lot of revenue and customers to Directv whereas Red Zone does not. What will happen remains to be seen.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote