Hurricane Damage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When goes to Green Cove Springs marina, the report is incorrect - not so good. The lift works, but no place to park a boat for more that a day. Extensive damages to floating docks, 8 boats damage and one sunk.

Palm Coast Marina is not listed and is open and in good condition. 1 boat did sink, but no other damage.

I just had power restored to my home, so I'm happy to be back on the forum!

Good news more than bad...rare for hurricanes.

Welcome back Donna...now back to work on the boat! :D

psneeld, I already have been back working on the boat! The marina got power back before I did even though the docks were under water! I apparently did not tie off correctly. The marina boarded after I had left and tied me off correctly! LOVE THEM!

I did not sustain even a scratch. In fact my topside paint that I had painted a few days earlier even looks untouched.

I apparently did not tie off correctly. The marina boarded after I had left and tied me off correctly! LOVE THEM!

Sounds like a very good marina. I'm sure they took many other steps and their actions are why there was little damage.

When you find a marina like that, don't lose them!!!

Ted

I truly love the Palm Coast Marina! Live aboard's are great too!

I truly love the Palm Coast Marina! Live aboard's are great too!

We've docked as a transient there once and at Hammock once. Both times we fueled at Palm Coast. Liked both marinas even though they're quite different.

We've docked as a transient there once and at Hammock once. Both times we fueled at Palm Coast. Liked both marinas even though they're quite different.

LOL! Yes they are quite different! Hammock Marina is not my style. Most there only want to be your friend or be helpful because of who you are. That is a problem for me since I am on TV all the time. Palm Coast Marina and the people there do not care who you are. They are very down to earth. I do not believe I get any special treatment there. EVERYBODY gets it! Just good ole southern hospitality with a smile! :thumb:

LOL! Yes they are quite different! Hammock Marina is not my style. Most there only want to be your friend or be helpful because of who you are. That is a problem for me since I am on TV all the time. Palm Coast Marina and the people there do not care who you are. They are very down to earth. I do not believe I get any special treatment there. EVERYBODY gets it! Just good ole southern hospitality with a smile! :thumb:

Hammock was when we wanted to dine there and play tennis. Palm Coast was when we just were interested in a relaxing evening. Hammock a nice place to visit, Palm Coast a nice place to live was sort of our take. Palm Coast also a short walk to a lot of restaurants. Both times there it's been sort of an impulse trip on our part. Both times just the two of us and we had to duck into Fort Pierce on the way for fuel as at 35 knots our range was not quite be enough to make us comfortable. The last time we came there our plans were just to run to West Palm, eat lunch, look at art, go home, but on the way we changed our mind.

Palm Coast seems to be an area overlooked by most who cruise the Florida coast.

Yep! Palm Coast is "old Florida"! Next time you are in the area, check out Washington Oaks State Park! Gorgeous!!

Yep! Palm Coast is "old Florida"! Next time you are in the area, check out Washington Oaks State Park! Gorgeous!!

I'm sure we'll be there sometime in the spring and maybe for more than one night. We did go walk the park though.

There is so much to see here! For sure more than 1 night! :)

So much to see everywhere and the good thing is it always leaves reasons for returning. Our first time there, we didn't get to Hammock until late, but the following morning we walked around the area and the park. The second time we arrived at Palm Coast about 2:30 so had a lot of time to look around. We went to the Agricultural Museum and got there just in time for the last tour of the day. Then we went horseback riding the following morning and toured that way. We didn't get to see as much of the European Village (we were surprised everything closes so early) as we would have liked, although we did eat at Chophouse 101.

Ahh the Ag Museum! You should see it during Halloween! Haunted hayrides and the works! Chophouse 101 is good but 386 in the Hammock, and La Piazza in the European village, FABULOUS!

Oops, I think we hijacked this thread. :facepalm::angel:

Funny that I grew up in FL on the east coast and spent most of my life in central FL but always thought Palm Coast was a general name for an area and not a town itself. Certainly I've been through Bunnell and Flagler Beach and as a kid took many trips to Marineland and St Augustine via A1A. Palm Coast kind of reminds me of Port St Lucie, another previously nowhere place that is now one of the largest towns in FL.

Funny that I grew up in FL on the east coast and spent most of my life in central FL but always thought Palm Coast was a general name for an area and not a town itself. Certainly I've been through Bunnell and Flagler Beach and as a kid took many trips to Marineland and St Augustine via A1A. Palm Coast kind of reminds me of Port St Lucie, another previously nowhere place that is now one of the largest towns in FL.

We are now a city! Flagler Beach was hit VERY hard. A ton of debris in the ocean which flows into the ICW through the Matanza inlet not to mention the destroyed personal docks along the ICW. Houses along the beach no longer have walkovers or any kind of yard with quite a bit of undermining. A1A is washed out along Flagler Beach and the beaches are closed for an unspecified time. The estimate to fix the roadway is anywhere from 1 - 2 years. Did I mention it is biketober fest this weekend. One thing our first responders don't need. Sad to see all the damage.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom