Hull lines

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Martin J

Guru
Vessel Name
Artemis
Vessel Make
Cheoy Lee 67
Looking at the coming winter I have decided to create a scale model of my Cheoy Lee 50ft tricabin. Its a 1981 model (8 Were built).

I am looking for the hull lines for that or similar models. I have scanned by laser the u/water profile to ascertain my 1600 gall fuel tank shape previously but that's all. I did contact Cheoy Lee who have been extremely helpful previously, but because of design rights etc are unable to help.

I could lase the boat next time it's hauled, but did not want to wait till next year.

Any help from a member who has access to the lines and could forward them would be appreciated.

Can't help, but keep us posted. I may do that for my boat at some point - for my dotage!

Keith

I'd think about going to BoatDiesel.com and search "taking hull lines".

Obviously w the boat hauled you can measure it every which way and develop the hull lines. Measuring pionts and connecting dots w fair lines. But w lazer technology there may be a much quicker and less laborous way to do that now.

When I retired from the lofting group of a major aircraft company my group made a half model of my boat. It was a Taiwan copy of a DeFever Passagemaker. They got the lines and offsets from the library, with all the Sta's, BL's and WL's needed. I would think a bit of searching would turn up the same info on your boat. Are there other models that use the same hull? Choey Lee was not averse to using other designers lines. e.g. Robb 35 sailboat, amongst others.

Last edited:
Contact the designer and ask for a copy of the lines. I build models professionally and that is what I do. If the lines aren't available it is possible to generate a set of lines from pictures and outline drawings that are accurate enough to build a model.

Back
Top Bottom