Huge Loss to the Cruising World

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sad news. His cruising guides were invaluable to us when we were doing all that, and still are on my shelf. RIP.

Very sad to hear this. His contributions the boating community has helped so many.....

Terrible news... so sorry. :(

R.I.P. Cap'n.

Sad news indeed. Claiborne will be greatly missed. His site is one I check daily for news and status updates of the AICW. 2 of his guides are on the boat, and others are at home. He lost his wife to cancer just a few months ago. We lost a boating friend, and a decent man.

Very sad. Sincere condolences to the family who arent even healed from the last loss.

I loved his site and his approach to things. He had friends everywhere it seemed. I didn't know him personally at all but the grief he experienced with the loss of his wife certainly came through. I felt like part of him was lost then too. Certainly this is now a tremendous blow to his family and friends. I hope his website is carried on, both for selfish reasons as a user and as I think he can live on to many through it. It was clear it was more than a business to him.

This is such sad news. I used one of his cruising guides this week and refer to SSCN almost daily. He had just bought a new boat and I believe was preparing to being it to it's home berth.
He will be truly missed.

Anyone who has cruised the southeastern part of the United States has benefited from the life work of Claiborne Young. His cruising guides and his website provided information which spread throughout the entire boating community. He rallied boaters repeatedly where the interests of boaters were threatened by government action or inaction.

A big loss indeed. He dedicated his life to making cruisers life better. Hard to imagine anyone taking over for him.

So sad to hear the news about Claiborne , we spent time with him recently at the MTOA rendezvous, and found him to be a delightful person to be around. He will be missed in the cruising world, he was a decent and kind man. He loved the Cruiser Net and we hope they can continue, I feel he would have wanted it that way.

Very sad....I have been to past events and attended seminars by Claiborne and found him to be increadably knowledgable, passionate and entertaining about the Cruising Lifestyle and the Southeast Coast. I do hope the Salty Southeast Website can continue albiet it will not the be the same without Claiborne. RIP and Heavenly Seas.... Slowpoke

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom