How's YOUR weather?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hawgwash

Guru
What is going on?
Ok, I know June can be iffy here on the coast but this is ridiculous.

45F to 75F in 24 hours ( I used old skool numbers for the vast majority here who have yet to catch up) and flat arse calm to 6 footers.

BC interior wracked with flooding and if the movement continues we'll soon be calling the Aurora Borealis the Southern Lights.

bbeiy8H.jpg

Last year spring was so hot for so long the alder trees dropped about 1/3 of their leaves.

This year it's been so cold and wet we've had two sets of fall mushrooms growing in peoples lawns. I could see my breath a couple mornings ago, and it snowed down to the 5,000' mark on the mountains around town.

North coast BC normal :)

It's been an unusually cold and rainy trip up the Inside Passage this year. Lows in the low 40s, highs in the low 50s, rain most days. Several days in a row we've had more than an inch of rain each day. Sure makes me appreciate the sunny days, like yesterday (and now today)! Here's a bunch of pics from where we were yesterday and this morning: Day 28 | Flotilla to Alaska | Warm Springs Bay to Takatz Bay – Slowboat

In Chatham Strait now, it's glassy and the sun is warming my back. But it's only 50 degrees outside...

A little cooler and more rain days, but otherwise very nice across the Erie canal and lake Erie. Unfortunately there is record flooding on Lake Ontario.

Ted

Yesterday was rain and storm forecast but nothing. Today there is a severe storm watch in effect and wind blowing pretty strong. Very happy to be docked for the rest of the day.
For June, it was like 1 or 2 days of sun followed by 5 rainy days not to mention May with record breaking rainfall.

L.

Way Kool Amigo! The photo's are so clear, I can almost taste the air. 51 here in Montana this morning. It's been cool and rainy for several days. We had a sever wind storm that broke some trees, went to logging in the rain. Oh well. Sun expected this week - one can only hope! On our way back to the boat the end of this month.

Last edited:
It has been windy and cool: 10 to 20 degrees lower than average. To make up for it, we have entered week of high temperatures, often into the low 100s but cooler at the coast. Nothing extraordinary.

Rained hard all day yesterday. We dock in a covered slip . This is really our first time out in a long time . The wheelhouse roof needs some work . I guess I'll be patching holes today . Forecast is nice for next few days.

How does that country song go?

Mama don't let your babies grow up to drive slow trawlers.....

20170619_114558.jpg

:hide:

Ted

We get a 15-20kt sea breeze out of the S or SW every day in late spring/early summer. Makes me want to invest in wind turbines..

We tried the "fry an egg on the sidewalk" trick and it doesn't work. It was 120* outside when we cracked two eggs--one on a dark colored manhole cover and the other on black asphalt. After 5 minutes, zero. Zip. Nada. Oh well, it was worth the two eggs.

It's my fault. I pulled out a brush and opened a can of varnish, this makes the sun run and hide.

Storms immediately change course and track towards my open can of shiny stuff.

Bugs too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom