How's the trawler market?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JDCAVE

Guru
Vessel Name
Phoenix Hunter
Vessel Make
Kadey Krogen 42 (1985)
Is there any update available on trawler sales with the economic recovery in the US? We bought our KK42 in Washington in May 2013. It would cost an additional $37,000 Cdn to bring the boat to Canada with the decline in the Cdn $.

There is currently only one KK42 in the PNW for sale on Yachtworld, although I am aware of one that is available privately. What is the availability on the market of other trawlers.

Jim
Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

It looks to me, that the market must be good. Seems like a shortage of used trawlers in the 30-40 foot range. DS

There was a Cdn owned KK42 that went south to a US buyer last year. I locked in our US$'s at $0.971 in Jan, 2013, just when the Cdn$ started to fall. We made our offer 2 months later and competed the sale 2 months after that. We could not afford to buy this vessel with the Cdn$ now at $0.834 US and my sense is our boat would probably sell for more in this current market as there are no KK42's available in the PNW. Remember it costs another 25% for a buyer from BC to bring a Taiwanese boat into the province.

Jim
Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

Last edited:
The availability of good used Trawlers, those well maintained, is very short right now. Every broker I know feeling a shortage of good listings.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom