How much do you run your genset in PNW?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Art, I bought mine on like for a low price. Just do a google search for butane portable stove. It came with a hard plastic case, and I ordered a carton of 6 fuel canisters. It burns hot so heats up quickly. I'm happy with it, and Miss Lou is happy to not be disturbed by my working around the galley. When weather is not good I make it on the wet bar on the helm deck.

I love the early mornings at anchor. Hearing the sounds, and watching the sun come up while having a good cup of coffee is such a pleasure.[/QUOTE]

Ditto!

MOF - I like waking very-early every morning... each day offers the last chance for that day we'll ever have. IMO - Best for us all to get all-of-it while we can!

My standard sched: Bed and asleep by 10, up and at em by 5 +/-. Going to sleep takes me seconds and at upon waking it's seconds to when I rise. I don't use alarm clocks. :D

Happy Life Daze! - Art ;)

Boating without coffee for me is like boating without a boat!..makes no sense at all

My standard sched: Bed and asleep by 10, up and at em by 5 +/-. Going to sleep takes me seconds and at upon waking it's seconds to when I rise. I don't use alarm clocks. :D

Happy Life Daze! - Art ;)

You gotta be kidding, Art. You know guys of a certain age have no need for an alarm clock.

You gotta be kidding, Art. You know guys of a certain age have no need for an alarm clock.

Sure , Don - I was Just Kidding! I bed by 3 AM and wake by 1 PM = NOT (since late teens anyway)!!

Exactly what does that innuendo "... guys of a certain age..." actually relate toooo?? LOL... I'm 38 and holden on tight!

I love it when my eyes Pop-Open around 4 to 4:30 AM... Man, that gets my mind racing with feet soon moving on ground - Heading quickly to perk first Cup O' Coffee while opening computer!! God bless computers... and I do mean that... GOD bless computers!! They are a man-made extension of and from our God-made brains. See, we are "in likeness"... in that we too can create, but, to a very limited extent compared to The Creator. There's a couple contention-filled threads bout this sort o' stuff in OTDE - :lol:

My 8th grade Social Studies teacher, "Miss Whalen" firmly implanted into our minds that some day most things in world would be computer driven; and, we all would eventually use computers. She was a really good teacher and always provided insightful info for us to ponder. In my mind's eye, I can still clearly see her at head of class putting diagrams on chalk board (boy that dates me - lol) in relation to the path computers would take in our world. She was pretty darn spot-on! Her insights nearly always caught my attention.

Hope she had a great life!! And, it's still continuing... :popcorn:

Exactly what does that innuendo "... guys of a certain age..." actually relate toooo?? LOL... I'm 38 and holden on tight!

Thanks Art. I needed a good laugh today! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Happy cruising to you and your me Irish Brother!

H. Foster

Coming late on the subject of running a generator to find we are all having a Starbuck!!:D Talk about thread creep!:facepalm:

Damn I do enjoy all you young (38 plus) mariners cha:angel:t

Here I thought all were old "Sea Briskets" a sitting. spitting, and a whittling telling sea stories staying away from our "Admirals chores.:popcorn:

Al:lol:

FlyWright nailed it. The Coleman drip coffee maker is our choice. Could use an insulated carafe, but this little beast does not use a ton of propane.

Coming late on the subject of running a generator to find we are all having a Starbuck!!:D Talk about thread creep!:facepalm:

Damn I do enjoy all you young (38 plus) mariners cha:angel:t

Here I thought all were old "Sea Briskets" a sitting. spitting, and a whittling telling sea stories staying away from our "Admirals chores.:popcorn:

Al:lol:

Hi Al Back to gen-set use thread reality... coming from a 38 yr old and "holden" with a 42 yr son - LOL

We generally use our gen 1 hr +/- in morn for batt charge, hot water heat, fridge cool-down, computer/phone/other-gadget charge and elect stove COFFEE!! In eve often same time span that gen runs for similar needs. I'd say we average 2 hrs per day and use 1.25 to 1.75 gal gasoline each day. I don't start gen early nor let her run late... common courtesy - don't cha know! :socool:

The Butane coffee water heat source Don gave link interests me for early morning coffee with no bother to others. I've already looked at several similar brands/models and will probably purchase one soon.

Happy Daze! - Art :D

Gave up my camping stuff a long time ago. Now I just plug in the 4 cup Cusinart drip coffee maker. Gotta use that inverter for something while the genset and wife are sleeping.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom