Go Back   Trawler Forum > Trawler Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-04-2016, 07:23 AM   #41
City: Fort Lauderdale
Originally Posted by CPseudonym View Post
It's the latter. Bait and switch seems the industry standard for the low protein dirt bags. High protein proven performers like Daddyo (Mark B) don't have time to play games like that as they're too busy actually selling boats.
Top brokers, like top sales people in any field, sell themselves to you first, then sell the boat/product. First steps of the process are them learning about you, asking questions so they understand your needs, and them educating you on themselves. They don't do that by bragging about all they've sold. They do it by telling you what they can do for you, what you can expect from them, what they'll need from you, how they go about their business, and showing you that they're there to serve your needs, not the other way around. One of the first rules in selling is "Know your customer." Well, in dealing with a broker or selecting one, it needs to also be "know your broker."

BandB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 10:16 AM   #42
City: SoCal
Vessel Name: Harmony
Vessel Model: Marshall Californian 42 LRC
I sold my sailboat in about 3 months. Originally, I listed it for what I thought it was worth, being fully cruise-ready, but had no action. I dropped it from $95k to $79K and immediately the phone started ringing. I ended up selling it to someone who had looked at it when listed for the higher price.

I did not want to sit and wait while I could be getting another boat and actively cruising it. You will never recoup what you put into your boat, but the memories are priceless.

Cheers, Bill

"There is simply nothing more worth while than messing around in boats."
Montenido is offline   Reply With Quote