How high are your railings?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BaltimoreLurker wrote:

Are "cannons" muczzle loaders?
If you mean are cannons defined by being muzzle-loaded, the answer is no.* For example the cannon that were mounted on P-39s, Bf-109s etc. that fired through the propeller hub proved to be very difficult (and dangerous)*to muzzle load, particularly during flight
smile.gif

Marin wrote:... the cannon that were mounted on P-39s, Bf-109s etc. that fired through the propeller hub proved to be very difficult (and dangerous)*to muzzle load, particularly during flight
smile.gif
While US flyers disdained the P-39's cannon (were heavy and often jammed), Russian pilots loved it.* The Russkies must have been fond of muzzle loaders.*
wink.gif

Marin wrote:If one is going to be doing actual work on the bow of a boat--- deploying and retrieving the anchor, rigging a snubber, manipulating lines and fenders as I described above--- a sturdy rail system is a major contributor to the crew's safety no matter what it might do to the appearance of the boat.
Couldn't agree more.*
Since 1995, I have done little else than mess with bigger boats. All kinds of boats.
When attracted to a particular boat, I have trained myself to ask"why do I
like this boat?"* The answer is usually centered around the "look" of the boat
followed by the "function." Although I have seen all kinds of boats that I would
be pleased to own, it's the "Down East" look that gets my blood up, closely
followed by the ease (function) of operating said boat. Safety is a very close
third (I know...it probably should be * first) but since it doesn't occupy that position
when picking out a car or a house, why should it be paramount when selecting my
boat? Since my wife is the one that normally goes forward for the anchor detail, I
must have as much protection for her as is reasonable. A sturdy rail system makes
the most sense and is a definite "must have" on my list of wants.

(Note:)* This is my attempt to get back on the thread subject.
smile.gif

-- Edited by SeaHorse II on Friday 14th of January 2011 10:34:37 AM

Attachments

• seahorse port.jpg
    seahorse port.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 61
  • seahorse stbd.jpg
    seahorse stbd.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 58
As you often say Walt * * ..I couldn't agree more.*

But they usually don't look good.

Back