How do I go about finding this barrel bolt?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

menzies

Guru
Vessel Name
SONAS
Vessel Make
Grand Alaskan 53
The gate from the Portuguese Bridge to the foredeck needs the barrel bolt replaced.

The "plate" holding the bolt is 2" X 1". The screw holes are 1 5/16 wide. I would like to match the screw holes so as not to have to fill and re-drill.

Any ideas?

Many manufacturers cast their name into the bottoms or backs of their products. Have you found anything on the part to identify origin? You may have to get a part slightly larger to cover the old footprint.
Most of the parts used today originate in Asia, and you may find a direct replacement in the seadog, gem, etc line. There are very few domestic manufacturers anymore, Perko may be the last.

:socool:

The gate from the Portuguese Bridge to the foredeck needs the barrel bolt replaced.

The "plate" holding the bolt is 2" X 1". The screw holes are 1 5/16 wide. I would like to match the screw holes so as not to have to fill and re-drill.

Any ideas?

Take pictures with measurements and send them to HC.

Post a photo of the bolt. A local machine shop can make a bolt in an hour or two.

Post a photo or two here along with measurements [sketch] and maybe someone will recognize it and the mfgr.

Back
Top Bottom