How did you come to love boats and the sea?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No clue. Its just the way it is. I can't shake it. Don't want to.

I Was Reading a book.I borrowed from one of my friends.The book was Written by Harold dynamite Payson.I Read another one of his books.Both books were about building your own boat.I*ordard His design cataloge.and a set of plans for a twenty foot sharpie.Harold Payson sent me my own copy of the first book of his I read.Inside the cover he signed it.And wrote just do it.

So I built the 20 foot sharpie.Then built a 26 foot sharpie.Then built a 26 foot timaron.I then took 6 years off.Traveld threw most of Asia.I got married.And we have a couple of small boys.

So now I'm looking to switch from sail to power.To something a little more child and wife friendly.

We took Amazing Grace to local marina (Olverson's for you MTOAers) yesterday, beautiful day on the Potomac and we needed to pump out the holding tank. Both grandchildren were aboard for what would be a 2 1/2 to 3 hour round trip. After a "picnic" lunch on board, grandmother took 3 year old Alex to the V-berth for his nap, 6 year old Grace followed to listen to the book reading. Fifteen minutes later I glance down and all three are passed out. Grace came up soon and entertained herself for awhile then came over and assisted with the helm, then Rosemary emerged. Alex remained asleep thru the pump out and joined me on the bridge on the return trip. He would sit on the portside bench with his head leaning against the stratoglass watching the bow wave as it rolled off the hull. He stayed like that for a good 15 minutes and I remembered doing that as a boy, heck I can still zone out watching the water. Then he offerd to drive and we ran an effective anti-submarine zig zag down the Potomac to the Coan. It was a short but satisfying cruise.

Back
Top Bottom