Old 04-30-2016, 11:31 PM   #101
TF Site Team

City: SEWARD ALASKA
Vessel Name: LISAS WAY
Vessel Model: BAYLINER 4788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codger2 View Post
I COULDN'T AGREE MORE WITH THIS STATEMENT! THE REAL PROBLEM, HOWEVER, IS BEING BRUTALLY HONEST WITH ONE'S SELF AS TO THE REAL (HONEST) ANSWERS TO THE ABOVE QUESTIONS.
Walt it would be difficult to find a truer statement.

People buy boats to fulfill a dream, but all too often its's not the boat that is the answer to the dream.

People think "if I only had a XXX boat I could do YYY" When in reality "YYY" isn't going to happen because of other reasons than a particular boat.

People need to look at their boating dreams and remove the non boating barriers, or their cruising dreams will never come true. Perhaps that is getting work out of the way, or getting a spouse onboard with your dreams, or a variety of issues.

YES! we need to be honest with ourselves as to the stage in life we are at, and the barriers to our dreams when picking a boat. Failure to do that will only result in disappointment.

www.mvlisasway.com
ksanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 11:45 PM   #102
TF Site Team

City: Brisbane
Vessel Name: Lotus
Vessel Model: Clipper (CHB) 34 Sedan/Europa style
Send a message via Skype™ to Peter B
Quote:
Originally Posted by BandB View Post
Definitely looks like a Mikelson to me.
You reckon..?

http://www.mikelsonyachts.com/m75/
http://www.nordhavn.com/models/75/

Ah, well...it looks a bit like a Nordy, so if I'm wrong, as I said, it's his own fault for not completing his profile - I did try. That's what profiles are for folks...just sayin'...

Old 04-30-2016, 11:59 PM   #103
Guru

City: West Coast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B View Post
No, no, no...I can't believe that, sorry, Traveler. Because sometimes when I am dream building, I think what boat I would buy if money was no object, and the boat that springs to mind is one I could cruise the world in, live aboard, yet not so big as to be just over-the-top expensive to maintain, and I come up with a boat just like yours or twistedtree's. A Nordy 60 if I'm not mistaken. I know that's what Twisted has anyway. If I'm wrong about yours, I'm not far wrong, and it's your fault, because you have not completed your profile yet.

PS. Actually, looking at your avatar, you might not have wannabe front windows, so that's make it a 50 maybe..? Still just the ticket though.
Thank you for the extreme compliment and I hope I didn't come off as not being happy with what I have. It's fun to dream, but in reality my boat (not a Nordhavn -- its a 64' Mikelson Nomad) is perfect for me and my needs. The fact is, I probably appreciate my boat more than Mr. Caruso appreciates his. -Rick (I will get on the profile.)
MYTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 12:52 AM   #104
Guru

Size is complemented by good interior design. Many mid thirties ft boats have one entire side of the main cabin as galley, removing the "conversation" of some seating one side, and dining + seating the other side. Unlike my IG36, the IG32 is a good example of seating both sides(versions may vary from those I`ve seen).
BruceK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 04:15 AM   #105

City: Hobart
Vessel Name: Theresa
Vessel Model: Cheoy Lee 66 LRMY
My problem re boat size is "I like big butts and I cannot lie" as the song goes.
Sometimes you just have to get the boat that speaks to your heart,not saying it's going to be the right boat,but hey life is short you know.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Stern stb side.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	136.0 KB
ID:	51358  
stornoway7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 07:16 AM   #106
TF Site Team

City: Brisbane
Vessel Name: Lotus
Vessel Model: Clipper (CHB) 34 Sedan/Europa style
Send a message via Skype™ to Peter B
Quote:
Originally Posted by MYTraveler View Post
Thank you for the extreme compliment and I hope I didn't come off as not being happy with what I have. It's fun to dream, but in reality my boat (not a Nordhavn -- its a 64' Mikelson Nomad) is perfect for me and my needs. The fact is, I probably appreciate my boat more than Mr. Caruso appreciates his. -Rick (I will get on the profile.)
Ah, one of these - noice, really noice...that would indeed do the job.(Jeez I hate auto-correct sometimes)

https://au.boats.com/power-boats/200.../#.VyXkrISgTzI

C'mon Powerball, roll for me...
Old 05-01-2016, 09:59 AM   #107
Guru

City: West Coast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B View Post
I understand that every Mikelson Nomad except one (but including the one referenced above) is semi-custom, being built to suit an owner's personal preferences. I was able to go aboard most of the Nomads (including that one) before taking delivery of mine. There is a lot of variety among the 18 or so Nomads produced to date. One guy has a faux fireplace where the sliding salon door would normally be. The referenced boat doesn't have a real flybridge (something I considered essential, but haven't used as much as expected), and was one of the first with the tower. Admittedly, my tower isn't the work of art often found on nice sportfishers, but I like mine (in combination with a real flybridge) way more than the one referenced above (which, to me, looks like scaffolding).

Anyway, that boat has been for sale for quite some time, so I suspect it could be had at a substantial discount.

MYTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote