Holding tank cleaning?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
paper stuck in the ball just at the one inch hole
just plugged solid did not want to push it down because it would have probably get stuck in duck bills.

First i turned off the water and vacuum pump and removed as much as i could with a shop vac.
My hands were to big to reach in and i had to use long needle nose to remove.
what a pain never will i leave paper towels in a bathroom again.
Since there was no water behind the plug
i broke the vacuum and picked it out.
not a hard job but i would rather be enjoying the nice weather

Thanks for the comeback on when the clog happened with the towels. I think I had about as unique a Vacuflush casualty as is possible to have happen when a clear 1-2 inch diameter lens from an overhead LED popped out and landed in the commode. It became invisible in the bit of water over the ball valve and was soon flushed at which point it perfectly sealed the funnel under the commode. It was never seen in the visual inspection we made of the unit as we tried to figure out why there was a vacuum in the system. In trying to release that vacuum, I ruin the pressure valve on the vacuum generator before we found the lens. Moral of the story: Keep the lid closed!

that's a good one

Surprising what non boaters will try to flush down a toilet.
once they get down and personal with it they gain a bigger respect

I have a friend that comes to me for all his Vacuflush problems. The latest was when the bowl filled with water and wouldn't flush. I sucked all the water out and tried again. Still nothing going down. I determined that there was vacuum in the system, cracked a hose to let the vacuum go away, and let the vacuum build up again. Must be a clog. I pushed the lever down to rotate the ball valve and held it there. Isn't there supposed to be a hole there? The inside seal from the Noflex cap was stuck in the bottom of the bowl. It was white and just the right size to stop it up. Amazing what can make a toilet stop working.

We used to put scoops in the Noflex bottle but we had too many complaints about it ending up in toilet
This is the first time i have heard of the main cap ending up in the toilet.

Everyone is so careful on dosing the system at the start feeling if not perfect the product will not work.
Give them a year of use and things change .
A shot here a shot there
Cleaning the outside of hoses with NF is a good trick
I did 10 years ago and never a problem to date

Back
Top Bottom