Hershine 52 Aft Cabin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bjohnson

I am looking at a 1986 Hershine 52 Trawsler to buy. My wife and I are interested in living on it for a couple of years while boating around the Pacific NW, mainly the Puget Sound area.

Would this be a good boat for this use? We would appreciate any feedback on these boats.

Brad

We have a similar vessel- a PT52 Cockpit Yachtfisher. She is a aft cabin with a substantial cockpit w/a 3rd steering station.

If the layout is similar (forward guest suite, galley and dinette down, 4 steps up to the salon, then the aft cabin) you'll love it.

We are one of 4 full time liveaboards on our dock; a Navigator 5300, a Riviera 37, a sailboat, and us. Our boat has by far the largest salon and best use of living space.

I am looking at a 1986 Hershine 52 Trawsler to buy. My wife and I are interested in living on it for a couple of years while boating around the Pacific NW, mainly the Puget Sound area.

Would this be a good boat for this use? We would appreciate any feedback on these boats.

Brad
Hello….do you still have the Hershine?

Have you read the 2014 post you just quoted?

Yes…I saw it was that long ago….I am in the PNW and was wondering if he did end up buying that boat….

That`s resourceful, they must be scarce! Good luck with your search.

It’s mainly because I’m in the same area….close to retirement and doing research for trawlers in different areas…West coast vs East coast.

It’s mainly because I’m in the same area….close to retirement and doing research for trawlers in different areas…West coast vs East coast.
bjohnson may not see your post. if you send a personal message, by clicking his name (upper left) they should get an email notification.

Hershine's were very good boats.

I have a 1985 Hershine 48 CPMY. Purchased in 2018. Love the boat. Tested in open water in rough seas(unplanned) and it stood up to the worst. Love the boat. Had a yacht broker and several surveyors inspect it. All good reviews. Solid boat. Lived on mine for 3 years.

Back
Top Bottom