Help Me ID These

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How about a removable handle for a valve that does not have room to move? Or the valve handle for the head discharge to keep the coast guard happy?

Coast Guard approved handles for overboard discharge valves?

"Throw them away and immediately you will figure out what they do and you will need them to do that the next day..."

Yes and another thing you will find is that they are no longer available.

But looking at them and my boat, I would go with the deck fill wrenches. On and off makes perfect sense to me. Put the cap "ON" and take the cap "OFF". The angle also makes sense to prevent knuckle skins.

Further, since they were found in the head, I would leave them there!! An emergency in the head can be messy without the proper tools. Most any place else, improvisation is acceptable.

Righty tightly, lefty loosey....?????

If you can open all your fills and close all your valves - Toss them.
I say that having about 80 feet of various size hoses with some of the weirdest fittings on them stacked behind the generator that I have no idea what they were used for!!

If you can open all your fills and close all your valves - Toss them.
I say that having about 80 feet of various size hoses with some of the weirdest fittings on them stacked behind the generator that I have no idea what they were used for!!

Reminds me of an incident last year when we were having a water maker installed in the lazarette. The installer popped his head out and said he was installing the strainer in the storage beneath the port lazarette floorboard, what did I want to do with all the hoses in there.

What storage, what hoses, say I. I went in and had a look. There was storage under both the port and starboard lazarette floorboards with hoses a plenty as well as some other stuff. I had the boat three years - and never knew there two compartments there!

Perhaps decyphering the logo could hold a clue.

OK, I will go on board tomorrow and take a video of the handles with the deck caps. My suspicion is that they are way too thick to do that job, but we will see.

Is there a video, or did the handles not fit the slot?

Ted

the key to the mystery is obviously the cult like logo. maybe try to search all the thru hull manufacturers first.. then send it to letters to the editor at Professional Boatbuilder Magazine.

...The installer popped his head out and said he was installing the strainer in the storage beneath the port lazarette floorboard, what did I want to do with all the hoses in there...

I have a "hose locker" like that, too. It contains all the extra hose I bought so that it wouldn't be too short, plus all the ones I bought that WERE too short and I had to go buy a longer one. It's also pretty well hidden, a couple of levels down under some removable sole panels. If there's ever a market for assorted bits of hose, I'm gonna be rich!

Is there a video, or did the handles not fit the slot?

Ted

They fit and turned the fill caps. However a few things.

The two are different sizes.
These are stored in the master head, the fill caps are up top outside the PH.
This is hanging in the PH.

Attachments

• IMG_20191112_151100623-768x1024.jpg
    IMG_20191112_151100623-768x1024.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 41
Handles cut off of two way ball valves. It made the ball valves useless and the handles are now useless.

Handles cut off of two way ball valves. It made the ball valves useless and the handles are now useless.

Why cut them off when all you have to do is loosen the nuts?

As far as the ball valves, they could have been used ones that were pulled out of service.

Regarding the other cap tool, that could have been acquired later or by a different owner.

Not sure you need to keep them, but I would say there's a good chance the mystery is solved. Now about my prize.......

Ted

As far as the ball valves, they could have been used ones that were pulled out of service.

Regarding the other cap tool, that could have been acquired later or by a different owner.

Not sure you need to keep them, but I would say there's a good chance the mystery is solved. Now about my prize.......

Ted

Sorry, not convinced.

There are just too many tools already available to remove deck fills. Why either pay, or go through the project, to adapt a valve handle?

Just doesn't make sense.

Sorry, not convinced.

There are just too many tools already available to remove deck fills. Why either pay, or go through the project, to adapt a valve handle?

Just doesn't make sense.

How old is your boat? How many owners has it had? I would say it's certainly a possibility and maybe a likelyhood. Haven't heard anything else that's even remotely as likely. Of course, leaving it in the drawer for the next owner to ponder is also an option.

Ted

It is a homemade paint can opener, some call it a church key. similar to a store bought one for a buck.
paint can opener.jpg

Took these off the boat a few years ago when clearing out the drawers etc.

Now cleaning out the spaces in the house and came across them again.

They are like valve on/off levers but clearly not since they are angled and no holes for the stem and bolts that go with fuel or other valves.

I have never needed them in the last four seasons but don't want to toss them - just in case.

Any ideas?
In Argentina we use a set of such levers to prevent green leather desk carpets from flying away

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom