Help finding a trawler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Robfoster

I'm looking for a 34' aft stateroom full or semi displacement single engine trawler. I am looking for one that will need lots of work. If anyone runs across one hidden in a boat yard or posted on the bulletin board at a marina would you mind posting the information here? Looking to find one around the 10 to 15k range. I want to redo it the way I want. Hate to pay a high price for one just to rip everything out. It seems like the boats I'm looking for aren't listed on the popular websites. Thought our community is a great place to start. Thanks in advance for any leads.

Last edited:
Are you sure that you want a full displacement trawler? That spec removes about 95% of the possibilities out there including all of the old, tired Taiwan Tubs which otherwise might fit your price target.

What is left in the full displacement field is often the cult boats like Prairies and Willards that never get near that price target.

So unless you have some specific need for a full displacement hull, like ultimate fuel efficiency, look at semi-displacement trawlers.

Also Cragslist, boattrader, etc are better sources than Yachtworld at that price.

David

It doesn't have to be full displacement. Semi displacement is fine. I've burnt up all the craigslist and online places. Hoping that someone might run across one. Thanks for the correction.

Bump up to 36 feet as I believe that was a more popular size than 34....but there are several popular 34 semi-displacement trawlers also.

Check eBay as well, if you haven't already. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom