Helm time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

admiral67

I am looking for a trawler school or bareboat charter in Florida... or an owner who is interested in helping me learn trawler handling.. Iam an experienced windbag sailor therefore i know about tides, currents,charts, rules of road etc and don't wish to pay to be taught thses basics.... thank you

I think both those schools might spend too much time on the things you already know about. You could charter my boat in Cape Coral (down the street from SwFYachts) and hire one of several good captains here for $300 for a full day to learn all you'd need, then you could go out and learn by doing, on your own, afterwards. This is awesome and safe cruising grounds with lots of diversity in options of anchoring, mooring, and docking at marinas. Not sure of rules on posting my charter website so just private message me if interested in knowing more. Thx.

Seasense (my wife took a course there on a Grand Banks and loved it) or Southwest Florida Yachts (no direct experience but good rep).

Sea Sense Sailing and Powerboating School

Florida Sailing Cruising and Trawler School Learn to sail vacations, boat handling lessons on sailboats, trawlers and powerboats.

I second all you said and they give all types of training and lessons, from group to private programs tailored just for you. Will the captain perhaps briefly mention things you already know? Yes. Repetition reinforces learning.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom