Heavy rains are coming

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

markpierce

Master and Commander
Vessel Name
Carquinez Coot
Vessel Make
penultimate Seahorse Marine Coot hull #6
We're expecting very heavy rains this weekend with rivers and creeks flooding, and rains continuing for the whole week. Expecting much of this coming down the SF estuary:

Hoping Napa River flooding won't undue all the expensive recent dredging in our marina.

Last edited:
Californians, never happy.;) not enough rain, too much rain... at least the Delta smelt will be pleased.

Seriously though, we are having our second consecutive year of well-above-average rainfall. Hope you're getting a good share also.

Once south of the lower part of OR, precipitation is sporadic with drought to flood the norm. This natural phenomena has been fun to observe over the years as CA rides the weather extremes, Twitter and Facebook exploding as each new generation finds a high water benchmark to recite to their grandkids.

Our pool in AZ is up two inches, a stunning development as the CA rains pass our way.

So for those of you in CA, enjoy. Just feel happy you don't have the -30F of MN. Or better yet be Murray's dog team driver!

Rain heavy right now at estuary.. a lot of floating trash.. I feel sorry for my fisherman friend next to me, they go out today at 4:00 am.

Wettest start to winter in 7 years. We have seen good rainfall down here as well. Keep it coming.

From what I see it looks like the big valley could become the big lake. 18" of rain is some serious rain. Sure glad we don't have that up here. Looking fwd to the light rain on it's way.

Visited Vallejo marina today (and picked up the 2017 tide tables). The Napa River was the highest I've seen. The water was about two feet below the top of the breakwater. A marina employee told me the water had been as high as one foot below the top.

Last edited:
With the ongoing drought I should think CA would be very happy with some rain. I know they don't want it all on the same day but nature doesn't always give options. Here in NW WA state its been colder than average and we have had several little blasts of snow. Last couple of years we didn't really have any, but the few yeas before that we had lots of snow. Its 24F right now here in LaConner at about 930pm.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom