heat ex Perkins 200 hp range 4 mani-cooler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

richardschmidt2759

Veteran Member
If you have a 200 hp range 4 Perkins with mannycooler on star side of eng you know they CANNOT be replaced! but their is a guy who repairs them. BATTERY ELECTRIC 908 725 5344 Somerville NJ .just thought I would pass info along. Maybe help someone.

A great big THANKS for the info. I happen to have those engines and was hoping Mesamarine would be building them , but as of now nothing on their site. Great info for the just in case.

OK, give up.... what is a mannycooler?
With Perkins, there is a Multi-cooler and a Mani-cooler (meaning manifold cooler)
Pictures from the Perkins Service Manual:

Attachments

• Multicooler.PNG
    Multicooler.PNG
    45.4 KB · Views: 521
Last edited:
I know you guys like to stay 'in house' but you might be cheaper buying them direct from the manufacturer even counting the shipping.
ejbowman.co.uk.

mannie cooler

I know you guys like to stay 'in house' but you might be cheaper buying them direct from the manufacturer even counting the shipping.
ejbowman.co.uk.

I there are NONE around !! last one I saw was from trans Atlantic diesel, they wanted $ 6500 14 yrs. ago!! just for the casting !! they are for Perk. 1979- 1983 I think. mine is a 1979, and I have repaired it twice in 15 years, any other part on eng .you can get fromT.A.D. its a very nice running eng.go forever !

Did you contact EJ Bowman ? Because I've had parts from them for older engines than yours. Unless of course its a non standard fitting.

Back
Top Bottom