Having a Heat Wave!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

N4061

Guru
So this morning I awoke around 0600hrs and found myself thinking of all the household chores awaiting me. After coffee and getting caught up on the all the current events (depressing) Mary came downstairs and started to discuss what time we should leave for the boat in San Diego. Its about 100 miles south/west and a commute I make a few times a week. After we decided on a noon departure I found myself at the local Home Depot by 0900hrs picking up sprinklers and few other items. By 10000hrs I was in the yard digging up a few older sprinklers and replacing them as I watched the clock. Even on the weekends I manage to stay stuck to a clock (not good). After rushing all morning we had the car packed and were off for SD. We didn't get very far until we hit traffic (on a Saturday no less) and came to a crawl. Its one thing to fight this stuff on a weekday but on a beautiful sunny Saturday is ridicules. We made it pass the worse of the bumper to bumper crawl (accident on other side of Fwy) and started to cruise. After a stop to rest Mary's back and grab a light lunch we were on the final 30 mile home stretch. Its amazing how when we visit the boat in SD we truly unwind and always have a great time. Something very special about the city and of course being on the water.

Within minutes of reaching the boat and after walking Daisy (our little dog) we had everything we brought with us put away, music on the stereo and the margaritas were prepared (OK, we know it 5 o'clock somewhere because the boat next to us had his table on the deck full of shot glasses, mixes and all type of spirits). As we settled into the salon to unwind Mary asked he we could put on the A/C to cool things off. Honestly, it was 81 degrees when we arrived and the sun is beating down on the boat keeping things warm - and its MARCH! unreal winter this year.

Thinking for a just a moment what I would be doing if we hadn't come down and the list is long (wash cars, fertilize, rinse off patio, replace burnt out spotlights, etc.....). Sometime you just gotta let go of the day to day things and just unwind. If we feel like going out tomorrow for a ride we will, if not we will just relax aboard the boat. The other great part of being on the boat is my drive to work Monday is only 20 minutes!

The nice surprise awaiting us was the unbelievable was & polish job our cleaner did to the boat. While the boat was always waxed twice per year by the original owner the finish we now have is as though she just came from the factory.

Hope this helps a few up north to think about summer and being out on their boats!

N3522
La Tempestad :)

Let's see what did I have today.
Oh yeah.
Shovel snow...
Chop ice
Windshield washer fluid in the cars.
:) :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Trawler

Back
Top Bottom