Hatteras 58 Motor Yacht on eBay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Definitely a different drummer, but it seems a good value if you're local and like the decor. Vintage helm and electronics is a bit jarring.

Keith

Cons
Be nice to know how old pictures are. Upgrades they refer to are over a decade old as were engine rebuilds. I see on boat diesel that engines are a $30K rebuild each. Stabilized?

Pros
Fresh water boat. Under cover. A local Nashville guy who knows the boat should be easy enough to find. Looks like the perfect live aboard for a Gulf Coast party.

Definitely a different drummer, but it seems a good value if you're local and like the decor. Vintage helm and electronics is a bit jarring. Keith

Décor looks fine to me. Instruments at "worst" would be a laptop and AIS with CE ($2500) and both helm NN3 plotter/6 KWradars/DFFi/Hubs ($17K). I've spent a lot of time on rivers and it is amazing how many very nice vessels can be found there without the wear and tear of sun and salt water.

But, sight unseen and no sea trial or survey? :confused:

Fuel over 200 gal.? One ER pic? Looks like someone listing on behalf of the owner - the owner would know fuel capacity. Nice boat though.

Nice appearance and staged well. Better than many on YW.

Are those paint brush strokes visible on the window frame in the photo of the starboard PH window?

Certainly, she offers a bunch of capability for the money IF you need the capability that 4 staterooms/heads offers. It might make a great charter boat (with captain) for something like inside passage trips.

Maintaining the numerous and aged systems aboard will require a heavy wallet and significant time. You could expend 50k on the stabilizers and light electronics in the first week.

Aparently this boat took on water some time ago and it wasn't noticed for some time, it is full of mould and rot... been discussed over on the Hatteras Forum...

Apparently the pictures are very old as well....

Hatteras 58 MY 1979

Fuel over 200 gal.? One ER pic? Looks like someone listing on behalf of the owner - the owner would know fuel capacity. Nice boat though.

Clearly someone other than "the previous owner" trying to sell it. Perhaps took it on trade for something. Perhaps repossessed it. Perhaps selling it for a friend. Perhaps bought the same bill of goods they're trying to sell now. Perhaps it was an insurance recovery. The fuel over 200 gal is crazy to see in the listing. Should be around 1000 gallons. When I start reading things like spent over $1 million on it, I get quickly turned off as you're telling me either you're a liar or an idiot, perhaps a bit of both.

Wish someone would ask if it's available to look at, survey, sea trial.

Greetings,
As well, one would think some of that $1M would have been spent tidying up the wiring in the ER...

I remember seeing this boat for sale about a year ago.
That coincides with a guy over on the Hatt forum who took it to survey before walking. So it does indeed have issues.

Me thinks the price will continue to fall until sold. I found threads on other forums going back nearly 3 years on this beauty(and well over $100k in price drops). If it's really that bad tis a shame. Those old Hatts just look right.

The seller comes off (to me anyway) as a super salesman that uses all the catch phrases and call words he knows to put lipstick on a pig.

I sent a question to the seller asking if this was the 58 Hatt that partially sank and became a mushroom cave. I'll let you know :)

I'm curious what legs he has strapped to those 892s or did DD produce outdrives back then?
:banghead:

Donsan,,, I didnt think of that, good point. I have seen this boat for sale for a long time now. Must be getting desperate. It will find its place in the market, eventually.

Back
Top Bottom