menzies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 06:37 AM   #42
Guru

City: Palm Coast
Vessel Name: Southerly
Vessel Model: 1986 Marine Trader 36' Sundeck
Quote:
Originally Posted by kev_rm View Post
Ok lots of good decorated boats in this thread but how about some recommendations for LED 12v decorative (aka christmas) lights!?!!?
I like the Phillips brand and remember the bigger the boat, the bigger the bulbs.

WifeyB, this may not happen. I am so incredibly sad. Daughter just informed me her Christmas party for work is on the same day. Important because she works for the government. She is going to check when she gets into work today to make sure her days aren't messed up.
Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 08:40 AM   #43
Guru

City: Jacksonville Beach, FL
Hi, Donna: You'll have a blast. I agree with the others who note that your LED strings won't draw much.

About navigation: Whoever is on the helm should be super-alert to the motion of the boat (and boats) ahead. Parade organizers like everyone to "close-it-up," so the parade has coherence and the trailing vessels follow the intended parade route. But, with all the distractions, it's easy for a boat to swing wide on a turn, plus not every boat turns in the same radius. In addition, not every boat draws the same amount of water, so unexpected groundings should actually be sort of expected. If that happens to the boat immediately in line ahead of you, it's not as easily noticeable in the dark. If you're right on their stern, things can quickly get complicated. (Elsewhere on the TF you reported recent shoaling around Palm Coast post-Matthew, so extra caution is probably good).

Stay safe and have a lot of fun. Glad that you and Southerly are going for a holiday cruise!
Old 11-29-2016, 08:41 AM   #44
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna View Post
I like the Phillips brand and remember the bigger the boat, the bigger the bulbs.

WifeyB, this may not happen. I am so incredibly sad. Daughter just informed me her Christmas party for work is on the same day. Important because she works for the government. She is going to check when she gets into work today to make sure her days aren't messed up.
Wifey B: Crap, crap, crap and double crap.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 09:22 AM   #45
Guru

City: Jacksonville Beach, FL
Sorry, Donna: Hadn't seen the preceding post. Hope you all can still make things work out. Maybe a dockside party instead?
Old 11-29-2016, 09:32 AM   #46
Guru

City: Cape May, NJ
Vessel Name: Irish Lady
Vessel Model: Monk 36
I never heard of a work Christmas party being called important before. Hilarious, yes!
1984 Monk 36 Hull #46
Currently in Cape May, NJ
High Wire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 09:57 AM   #47
Guru

Okay, she got her days mixed up. Her work party is on the 18th not the 17th. Lets hope it doesn't rain on the 17th because the rain date is the 18th.

On a lighter note, the giant wreath that I just ran with giant light up led balls and of course one of my famous giant bows, slipped out of my hand while tying it to the rail. My welcome aboard wreath. The *&$#^%$ thing started to sink. I quickly ran and got the hook. Fished it out of the water and today I get to see if the lights dried out enough to work.

Is this supposed to be fun? LOL!
Old 11-30-2016, 10:46 AM   #48
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna View Post
Okay, she got her days mixed up. Her work party is on the 18th not the 17th. Lets hope it doesn't rain on the 17th because the rain date is the 18th.

On a lighter note, the giant wreath that I just ran with giant light up led balls and of course one of my famous giant bows, slipped out of my hand while tying it to the rail. My welcome aboard wreath. The *&$#^%$ thing started to sink. I quickly ran and got the hook. Fished it out of the water and today I get to see if the lights dried out enough to work.

Is this supposed to be fun? LOL!
I think it's fun the first time. It may become a bit less so year by year.
Old 11-30-2016, 10:52 AM   #49

City: Kingsville, MD
Vessel Name: Harmony
Vessel Model: Pacemaker 1990 37' Convertible
This was the neatest entry. The base boat was a pontoon. Sirens, lights, water cannon - the whole thing.

mike
Attached Thumbnails
FTRUCK.jpg  
Old 11-30-2016, 10:52 AM   #50

No cost to enter in Middle River this year either. 80 boats registered.
Old 11-30-2016, 10:54 AM   #51
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanddreamer View Post
This was the neatest entry. The base boat was a pontoon. Sirens, lights, water cannon - the whole thing.

mike
WHOA! Who has that kind of time? Beautiful but I'm sticking with simple!
Old 11-30-2016, 11:00 AM   #52

Some people really take this thing to heart. We lit up and stayed at the dock and got to see the entire parade up close. A little too cold and windy - we were watching a few boats struggle in the breeze. I didn't feel like being miserable.

mike
Old 12-02-2016, 09:20 PM   #53
Guru

City: Jacksonville
Vessel Name: SONAS
Vessel Model: Grand Alaskan 53
She is nearly ready.

I have a 6 foot floating Tinkerbell with gold ribbons to go above the foredeck and adjust the lighting on Ariel, and off we go.

The first half of the 10X15 flag is fixed to a wooden rod, the back half should billow out when under way!

The overall parade theme is Mickey and Friends. I have bought the Its A Small World music which will be blaring from the speakers! We have costumes for our crew - a Mexican, Frenchman, Indian Sari woman, Indian man, Dutch girl and Spanish woman. Should be a blast.

Old 12-02-2016, 10:06 PM   #54
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by menzies View Post
She is nearly ready.

I have a 6 foot floating Tinkerbell with gold ribbons to go above the foredeck and adjust the lighting on Ariel, and off we go.

The first half of the 10X15 flag is fixed to a wooden rod, the back half should billow out when under way!

The overall parade theme is Mickey and Friends. I have bought the Its A Small World music which will be blaring from the speakers! We have costumes for our crew - a Mexican, Frenchman, Indian Sari woman, Indian man, Dutch girl and Spanish woman. Should be a blast.
Wifey B: You're going to drive everyone crazy. Number one song hardest to get out of your head when you hear it is "It's a Small World." In fact, you've got us singing it here now. Everyone here (7 people) knows it and is singling along. We'll be humming it or thinking about it all night. It's like a virus.
Old 12-02-2016, 10:59 PM   #55
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandB View Post
Wifey B: You're going to drive everyone crazy. Number one song hardest to get out of your head when you hear it is "It's a Small World." In fact, you've got us singing it here now. Everyone here (7 people) knows it and is singling along. We'll be humming it or thinking about it all night. It's like a virus.
That was exactly my plan.

Everyone else in the parade will be dressing their boats and themselves as Mickey and Minnie, Dopey and Donald.

I have even reached out the the band for the party making sure they know the music!

Old 12-02-2016, 11:36 PM   #56
Guru

Quote:
That was exactly my plan.

Everyone else in the parade will be dressing their boats and themselves as Mickey and Minnie, Dopey and Donald.

I have even reached out the the band for the party making sure they know the music!

Wifey B: Everyone knows it. Some pretend to now hate it but they really don't. It's so simple musically that anyone can sing it, can hum it. It's truly a song for all. The song was written for the attraction but the attraction was actually renamed after the song. Disney requested a song that could be translated into many languages and could be sung as a round. It's been played more than any other song in history and in more languages.

It's a good song for today, good thoughts. It was written during a time that love and harmony was needed.

It's a small world, it's a small world

It's a world of laughter, a world of tears
It's a world of hope and a world of fears
There's so much that we share, that it's time we're aware
It's a small world after all

It's a small world after all, it's a small world after all
It's a small world after all, it's a small, small, small, small world

There is just one moon and one golden sun
And a smile means friendship to everyone
Though the mountains be wide and the oceans are wide

It's a small world after all, it's a small, small world

It's a small world after all, no matter if you're big or small
Come on everybody let's bounce to this
Let's play some love with a little twist

It's a world of laughter, a world of tears
It's a world of hope and a world of fears
There's so much that we share, that it's time we're aware
It's a small world after all, it's a small world

(After all, everybody now)
(After all, can you hear me now?)

(Come on, come on)
It's a small, small, small, small world
It's a small world, after all
(After all, everybody now)

(After all)
It's a small, small, small, small world

Old 12-03-2016, 06:44 AM   #57
Guru

Quote:
she is nearly ready.

I have a 6 foot floating tinkerbell with gold ribbons to go above the foredeck and adjust the lighting on ariel, and off we go.

The first half of the 10x15 flag is fixed to a wooden rod, the back half should billow out when under way!

The overall parade theme is mickey and friends. I have bought the its a small world music which will be blaring from the speakers! We have costumes for our crew - a mexican, frenchman, indian sari woman, indian man, dutch girl and spanish woman. Should be a blast.

beautiful!
Old 12-03-2016, 10:18 PM   #58
Guru

We won Best Costumes! As I thought everyone else went Mickey and Minnie. We went Small World!
Attached Thumbnails
P1010385.jpg  
Old 12-04-2016, 12:26 AM   #59
Guru

City: Sarasota/Ft. Lauderdale
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFC View Post
I vote for Fantasy Fest. It's a LOT less complicated, less expensive and probably a LOT more fun than your parade.
Yeah, Fantasy Fest. I've heard of that.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0710.jpg  
Capt.Bill11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 01:31 AM   #60
GFC
Guru

City: Tri Cities, WA
We had our boat parade this weekend, Friday and Saturday. We had 13 guests on board Friday night and 10 tonight. Both nights were a LOT of fun, about 20 boats in the parade each night and a good time was had by all.

Tonight there was a question about whether or not the parade would be held due to high winds forecast. They decided to go ahead with it despite the winds. I think the highest gusts were in the 30mph range but all boats were safe.

I'll post some photos once I've gotten some rest and retrieved the camera from the boat.