Hart Tank Tender

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chucks

Thinking of putting one of these on board to measure fuel in two tanks and one waste tank. Any one have experiences with this tank tender. Pros Cons, etc.

Any thing will help.

thanks

I may be wrong, but I don't believe they work reliably with waste tanks. At least that is what I was told when I was spec'ing my boat and told the builder I wanted to cover my holding tank. And it is easy to imagine that its little tube would get gunked (and rendered dysfunctional) real quickly in a holding tank.

They say that there newer version for waste has a pump to clear the line before you actually measure. But I will wait to hear if anyone has actually used the tender and what they thought. Thanks for your reply.

Attachments

• SOLO.jpg
    SOLO.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 79
They say that there newer version for waste has a pump to clear the line before you actually measure. But I will wait to hear if anyone has actually used the tender and what they thought. Thanks for your reply.
I have the old manual version. It has a manual plunger pump and a Purge/Read valve. It defaults to Purge so when you pump, the air just flows out into the tank with the gauge port blocked. Mine has a leak somewhere in the waste tank sensing line and always reads zero. But my holding tank is white poly so I can see the level directly. Really low priority to fix.

Thinking of putting one of these on board to measure fuel in two tanks and one waste tank. Any one have experiences with this tank tender. Pros Cons, etc.

Any thing will help.

thanks

Yes they work in a holding tank. Once calibrated they are very, very accurate and trouble free.

To be clear, that is not a Hart Tank Tender. This is. Two very different animals.
To be "Crystal Clear", my post was intended to recommend that the Solo Monitor be used for the waste tank. The image and the link are for the Solo, not the Tank Tender. Everyone I know that has tried the Tank tender as a "waste monitor", hates it! Now, if you just pee in your toilet and don't poop or use toilet paper, the Tank Tender will work fine!:blush:

To be "Crystal Clear", my post was intended to recommend that the Solo Monitor be used for the waste tank. The image and the link are for the Solo, not the Tank Tender. Everyone I know that has tried the Tank tender as a "waste monitor", hates it! Now, if you just pee in your toilet and don't poop or use toilet paper, the Tank Tender will work fine!:blush:

I guess I missed the clear statement that you were recommending the SCAD not confusing it with a Hart. :D

But be that as it may, I've had Harts work just fine in a holding tank as long as that line has the purge option on it.

But, YMMV.

The inductive SCAD monitor works well but only with a plastic or FG they will not work with a metal tank.

I have one, easy set up and fool proof so far.

Thanks all, haven't heard any thing to negative about the hart model so think I will invest the time and put one on.

Does anyone know if there is a way to repair a Tank Tender? Mine never shows below 5.

Capt. Bill - there is not a sending unit with TankTender...at the tank, a thin plastic tube is inserted into the tank.

Does anyone know if there is a way to repair a Tank Tender? Mine never shows below 5.

Contact Hart, they are quite helpful. I needed to replace my gauge unit as the PO had over-pressured the unit by vigorous manual pumping. You may have the same issue. When using pump carefully and slowly.

I monitor two water and six fuel tanks, plus 1 blackwater tank. The blackwater one did clog up one time, but after a number of pump/purge attemps over a couple of weeks it has cleared the tube. It reads OK but as my blackwater tank is shallow but large area I don't find the the gauge all that useful. Instead I pump out quite often.

Thank you

Like a turd in a punchbowl.

QUOTE=Capt.Bill11;372237]Yes they work in a holding tank. Once calibrated they are very, very accurate and trouble free.[/QUOTE]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom