Happy 4th of July!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bilgewater

Vessel Name
Sunset Lady
Vessel Make
1975 Chris Craft 35 Aft Cabin
Patriot greetings from the Lady J at Seneca Fall, N.Y. "It's A Wonderful Life" bridge in the background.

Attachments

• IMG_1343.jpg
    IMG_1343.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 101
A Happy Fourth and Independence Day to all.
That looks like a beautiful spot.

Happy 4th! We've had a lot of natural fireworks in these parts of the northeast. I'm starting to wonder if the war is really over...

It's like a zoo here in Tonawanda at the end of the Erie Canal a stones throw from Niagara Falls and Buffalo. Will be glad when it all slows down to move west and get our arch raised come Monday.ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1404517931.013543.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1404517931.013543.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1404517931.013543.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 82
Happy 4th to all! Sitting in the middle of Lake Union in Seattle, patiently waiting for about 3,000 boats to disperse after the fireworks show that just ended. Swore we would never do this again, but my 91 year old mother in law wanted to see the fireworks from the lake, so here we are. Total chaos, but nobody has hit us and I haven't hit anyone yet, so not too bad. The police boats are having a busy time though.

Hope everyone's 4th was fun and safe!

We went through Lake Union after our 1st spot at Cozy Cove had everyone 1/2 mile from fireworks per fire Marshall (cops and Sherriff both thought that was nuts - many houses within 1000'). But we ended up at Kirkland:
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1404546102.261388.jpg

How I Spent My Independence Day

With friends Mark and Ray enjoying the fireworks from Vallejo Marina. Good friends, good beer, good food, good entertainment! Life is good!!

img_247644_0_61c120bc2648521be2e53c808e62a226.jpg

The fifth of July brought out some interesting boats in windy Carquinez Strait:

img_247669_0_28503b6dfc9ff041d90958d88599d7d9.jpg

img_247669_1_e3ed44de38d84b3eaa23cec4e408097d.jpg

With friends Mark and Ray enjoying the fireworks from Vallejo Marina. Good friends, good beer, good food, good entertainment! Life is good!!

Thanks to good friends. ... And what about those mojitoes for the woman and me from Perla? And the Sicilian wine Ray presented! Beer isn't the total answer.

Last edited:
Or closer to (my) home:

Two Oakland fisherman drown after boat capsizes in Delta | www.ktvu.com

What was strange was that a passing boater saved one of the three fisherman at 8 a.m. July 5 yet mid-day the Coast Guard was giving out pan-pans about the sinking boat but did not have a precise location. The two victims drowned even though they were within a literal "stone's throw" from shore (Whiskey Slough).

Last edited:
Beer isn't the total answer.

What was the question? :confused:

My wife's birthday is on the 4th, so we do what she wants, which is being safe, which means hibernating. Kooks and amateurs abound on the waters on holiday weekends. Don't need one more out there. :angel:

Hopefully everyone gets back to the dock safely.

We stayed "at dock" on the Fourth.

We went through Lake Union after our 1st spot at Cozy Cove had everyone 1/2 mile from fireworks per fire Marshall (cops and Sherriff both thought that was nuts - many houses within 1000'). But we ended up at Kirkland:
View attachment 31091

HEY! I saw you go by us (on the Anchor) at the south end of Lake Union. I was admiring you very pretty boat as it went by about 50 ft away. We actually had to reset the anchor twice and then wound up moving as far south as we could. Was fun but I don't think I will try that one again any time soon. The show was great though.

Marty.........................

P.S. I apparently lost my signature line. We were the President 41 named Knot Knormal.

HEY! I saw you go by us (on the Anchor) at the south end of Lake Union. I was admiring you very pretty boat as it went by about 50 ft away. We actually had to reset the anchor twice and then wound up moving as far south as we could. Was fun but I don't think I will try that one again any time soon. The show was great though.

Marty.........................

P.S. I apparently lost my signature line. We were the President 41 named Knot Knormal.
Hi Marty!

We actually toyed with asking you if we could raft up...then we saw you were resetting your anchor and let it go.

It should have been interesting when everyone left - there was a #2 buoy about 100' off your starboard, and one guy we talked to at the back (about 250' south of your location) said he'd set his anchor by the #2 buoy. Gotta love a 10:1 scope when it's crowded, breezy, and veering!

Hi Marty!

We actually toyed with asking you if we could raft up...then we saw you were resetting your anchor and let it go.

It should have been interesting when everyone left - there was a #2 buoy about 100' off your starboard, and one guy we talked to at the back (about 250' south of your location) said he'd set his anchor by the #2 buoy. Gotta love a 10:1 scope when it's crowded, breezy, and veering!

Actually that was me you talked to. We had about a 3:1 scope and our anchor was about a third the way from our bow to that #2 marker. With the wind blowing through there I would have loved to have had a 10:1 (well, maybe a 5:1) but no way was there that kind of room in that zoo. Some guy had already tried to set his anchor directly across our bow but I was lucky enough to get enough chain up to un-hook him with out loosing our set. Turns out some other boat came by about an hour later and could not get his danforth to set and he did ask to raft up so we had a raft until after the show when they left.

Next time you get over to Poulsbo give me a hollar, I will have a frosty adult beverage ready for ya.

Marty.................

Back
Top Bottom