Guru...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JDCAVE

Guru
Vessel Name
Phoenix Hunter
Vessel Make
Kadey Krogen 42 (1985)
...not! I see I have "Guru" status now. Let very one know that I am not a "Guru".

Jim
Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

Sorry, Jim. We've had this discussion before. The term Guru is yours now and forever. Please forward a photo of your best illuminated anchor-pulpit meditation position for the TF archives.

Attachments

• love_guru.jpg
    love_guru.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 449
I am with ya Jim, I don't know Sh$1.

Guru! What a silly classification. The more you talk, the more authoritative? Give me a break. Better to allow users to classify themselves, if in good taste. (A commander, by the way, is a lower rank than captain.)

Last edited:
I think the Gu in Guru just means you've had the opportunity to get 5200 all over your cloths and hands. It's a right of passage.

Does anyone know how Rufus became an Enigma?

I think the Gu in Guru just means you've had the opportunity to get 5200 all over your cloths and hands. It's a right of passage.

I have 5200 on my ActiveCaptain hat. It happened when I .....

Forky
1983 Present 42 Sundeck
Twin Lehman 135's
✌️

5200. Use a tiny drop and then you can throw the rest of the tube away. $17 down the drain.

5200 has the power to leap through time and space. All you have to do is walk within ten feet of where wet 5200 was yesterday, and it will jump through time and space to get on you.

Actually white 5200 is available in 1oz. tubes. It expensive but cheaper than throwing away what's left in a 4oz. or 10 oz. tube.

I'm still only at the 4200 stage. I don't have sufficient accreditation to use 5200. Maybe next year.

Jim

Jim, as I've often said, real men use 5200. You've got to be tough to use 5200. If you can survive a Canadian winter, you can use 5200.

I am with ya Jim, I don't know Sh$1.

Perhaps this will help;

WHO IS JACK SCHITT?
For some time many of us have wondered just who is Jack Schitt?
We find ourselves at a loss when someone says, 'You don't know Jack Schitt!' Well, thanks to my genealogy efforts, you can now respond in an intellectual way.
Jack Schitt is the only son of Awe Schitt. Awe Schitt, the fertilizer magnate, married O. Schitt, the owner of Needeep N. Schitt, Inc. They had one son, Jack.
In turn, Jack Schitt married Noe Schitt. The deeply religious couple produced six children: Holie Schitt, Giva Schitt, Fulla Schitt, Bull Schitt, and the twins Deep Schitt and Dip Schitt.
Against her parents' objections, Deep Schitt married Dumb Schitt, a high school dropout. After being married 15 years, Jack and Noe Schitt divorced. Noe Schitt later married Ted Sherlock, and because her kids were living with them, she wanted to keep her previous name. She was then known as Noe Schitt-Sherlock.
Meanwhile, Dip Schitt married Loda Schitt, and they produced a son with a rather nervous disposition named Chicken Schitt. Two of the other six children, Fulla Schitt and Giva Schitt, were inseparable throughout childhood and subsequently married the Happens brothers in a dual ceremony. The wedding announcement in the newspaper announced the Schitt-Happens nuptials. The Schitt-Happens children were Dawg, Byrd, and Horse.
Bull Schitt, the prodigal son, left home to tour the world. He recently returned from Italy with his new Italian bride, Pisa Schitt.
Now when someone says, 'You don't know Jack Schitt,' you can correct them.
Sincerely, Crock O. Schitt

The more you talk, the more authoritative? Give me a break.
Well it seems reasonable to me. Isn't that how you get elected to Congress?

What are the qualifications for veteran, senior or a guru membership...Age? It can't be length of service on the forum because I've seen brand new "veteran members." Boat size? Are these ranks for sale? If so, is there a price list somewhere? So exactly what DO these ranks/titles mean??? Inquiring minds want to know!

As far as I can determine, it is merely the number of posts unless one can cajole a moderator to provide a requested moniker.

What are the qualifications for veteran, senior or a guru membership...Age? It can't be length of service on the forum because I've seen brand new "veteran members." Boat size? Are these ranks for sale? If so, is there a price list somewhere? So exactly what DO these ranks/titles mean??? Inquiring minds want to know!
You write in, enclosing a crisp $50 note, and requesting your choice of status. There is an entire book of such stories called "The Henry Root Letters" (I`ll be amazed if RTF does not have a copy), doing just that in the most improbable situations, like seeking a knighthood in England.The idea is that when you send money, they have to respond, or the follow up letter suggests they "trousered" your pound note without acting on your request (there has been much inflation since the book came out). I`ve got the book somewhere...

Peggie-- The titles are based solely on the number of posts to the forum.

I vote we give Peggie a raise to Guru. After all she really does know her...... Er, stuff. Yeah stuff, that's the word.

For nthose that live in fear of 5200 taking over the world,

Simply wet it down when finished with gluing what ever together.

Its hydroscopic , so the wet surface sets up faster , and forms a non sticky skin.

Grasshopper would be better label than Guru , as there is no progress when learning stops.

Another new 'guru' checking in to say that any 'advice' you may hear from me should be taken with an entire shaker of grains of salt. Add lime and tequila to taste.

I'm still only at the 4200 stage. I don't have sufficient accreditation to use 5200. Maybe next year.

Jim

Wait a minute. Revoke his Guru status. He admits to not even using 5200, let alone getting himself covered in it.

Well, if you have to ask....:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom