Gulfstar 43 trawlers in the Chesapeake Bay Area

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cool beans

Vessel Make
Bayliner 3870
The year is new and fresh, time to start the trawler hunt again! The last year/year and a half of manic/fruitless searching has at least yielded a very short list of boats I regret either not buying or at least not "sucking it up" and pulling a 3 day weekend to go to Florida or wherever to check it out in person before it sold.

That being said, before I start traveling again all over kingdom come (or try and get a buyers broker on my side and give him/her a scent to track), I'd like to know if anyone on here owns a Gulfstar 43 trawler on the Chesapeake Bay they would be willing to give me a tour of? I can bring food, booze. . .help you move a sofa, owe you a favor, etc. :thumb:

On a related note, would anyone happen to know of one sitting in a slip with a "for sale" sign on it? One thing I've noticed in my travels is the number of F.S.B.O. boats NOT listed on the internet :facepalm:

Thanks!

Don't know of any for sale but I think you are on the right track having other TF members know of your intentions. Lots of waterfront and marinas covered here and a willingness to help. Good luck!

A 36 not a 43 is for sale by one of our moderators

Good luck with your search and when you find one don't hesitate to jump as both models are in demand

The year is new and fresh, time to start the trawler hunt again! The last year/year and a half of manic/fruitless searching has at least yielded a very short list of boats I regret either not buying or at least not "sucking it up" and pulling a 3 day weekend to go to Florida or wherever to check it out in person before it sold.

That being said, before I start traveling again all over kingdom come (or try and get a buyers broker on my side and give him/her a scent to track), I'd like to know if anyone on here owns a Gulfstar 43 trawler on the Chesapeake Bay they would be willing to give me a tour of? I can bring food, booze. . .help you move a sofa, owe you a favor, etc. :thumb:

On a related note, would anyone happen to know of one sitting in a slip with a "for sale" sign on it? One thing I've noticed in my travels is the number of F.S.B.O. boats NOT listed on the internet :facepalm:

Thanks!

There is one of that approx size down here in Ft Pierce City Marina, Florida for sale.

Might be a 48 and different style than the sailboat based hulls.

Sorry about the scanty info...just got here today and only casually walked by it once.

Come down to the Trawler Forum get together next month and take a look....lots more to do too!

Last edited:
A 36 not a 43 is for sale by one of our moderators

If that refers to me, Craig, I deleted that thread because I decided that I will hold onto it. So that one is not for sale. If you were referring to someone else, then sorry to have piped up. :)

Appreciate the help! The GS 36 is also on my short list, I just have some reservations that it will become a little too small, a little too soon. . .

Sent an inquiry to the NY trawler asking for a few engine room shots.

Thanks all! Keep em coming if you have em :D

Thanks, I'm looking nearly everyday :thumb:

Went and did some dock walking today in case I got lucky. . .I didn't, still fun to look at boats though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom