Guests at Trawler Speed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sometimes you think you know someone until you spend a few days with them on a small boat!
Truer words have never been spoken but in my case 4 days with my brother & sister inlaw turned out great!

Attachments

• IMG_1455.jpg
    IMG_1455.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 71
this is such a first world problem

My friend. Pleasure boating of any type should be called "first world". Matter O' Fact... it could be called approximately ".0001 world." That's somewhere around that tiny percentage of global population lucky, smart, and blessed enough to be enjoying the Pleasure Boat Lifestyle. :dance:

Damn - I Love [and Appreciate] being in the Pleasure Boating World!! :speed boat:

Many guests are not boaters , so are simply delighted with moving in the water.

Most are as impressed being onboard at 6K as 25K .

Why subject them to high G loads? And lots of noise?

G Loads"... in a [any] pleasure boat??

Sleep two, feed five or six, and entertain a bit more, mostly at-dock, thank you.

Doesn't the biggest saloon win?

Last edited:
Gotta Luv Family Aboard!!

Attachments

• Craig, Taune, Linda Morning Coffee.jpg
    Craig, Taune, Linda Morning Coffee.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 44
  • Taune w-Harlow on Bridge.jpg
    Taune w-Harlow on Bridge.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 52
  • Harlow (Lola) on Mstr Strm Berth.jpg
    Harlow (Lola) on Mstr Strm Berth.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 40
My girlfriend, now wife and I used to transit from the fast paced SE FL lifestyle via fast powerboat to the islands. In a single weekend, we couldn't settle down to match the island scene. It took about 2 to 3 days, at least. The 10 day to 14 day trips were great.
What I'm saying is that folks who fly to a vacation are dealing with airports, TSA, taxi's, etc and to expect a sudden drop to 7 kt happiness factor first or second day may be optimistic. So, time works for most. There are a few, however, that hate the heat, rocking, lack of modern conveniences and whatever and don't ever "get it".

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom